This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dish just called...

Honestly, I was concerned about switching from Dish because of the DVR reviews but I can honestly tell you that after going from a 622 to a HR21, I have little complaint...they just rolled out a software enhancement that matches and even surpassing some of the 622 capabilities. Only thing I miss is the 2 tv capability and the OTA tuner but the OTA tuner issue should be a mute point by next month. I also love the fact that I can program my DVR from work via the internet.

And as to compression, HD PQ is much better on Direct. Ultimately, people choose a carrier based on what their own preferences are, not on what someone else does.

Just a piece of equipment to broadcast content....people don't watch TV for the equipment that's used, they watch it for content.

I'm a recent/current E* sub after 10 years with D*. I'm not getting into a debate over which is better, b/c it's a matter of preference,

I know you said that you weren't going to get into a debate, but I don't understand why anyone who values HD would switch from D* to E*. Of course, someone could have a customer satisfaction issue with D*.

I've been with E* for almost 11 years, but if I were a new sub signing up right now, I'd go with D* without hesitation.

I didn't have any problem with DD*, but I had only 1 SD box with D* w/ no DVR (back in '97 or so when I started with D* HD and DVRs were not on radar). I just built a new house in October, with multiple rooms prewired. I liked the idea of one HD DVR w/ multiple tuners at no upfront cost. ( I tried talking to D* retention to see if they would cut me a deal on HD DVR, but they still wanted $199 for HD DVR). With just one 722, I get HD on my main TV, and feed SD on tuner 2 to bedrooms, basement (for wife, kids----I get the HD if I want). I figure E* will catch up--My biggest gripe is lack of HD locals here in Cincinnati (I get limited OTA).....