Dish just gave me a sweet deal.....

darkknight74

Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
Texas
After 3 replaced DVR501's they deceided give me a dvr625 for 49.00 and I had to sign an 18 mth contract.... is the dvr625 better than the 501? what are you guys thoughts? basicly they replaced the 501 then with a follow up call offter me an upgrade to a 625 for $49.00 I took the 625 deal and now I have to find a home for the 501 :) ebay here ya come

Ricky

Isn't this the Dishin' It Up promotion on the Dish website? Their standard upgrade offer for current customers.

Do you know that you do not own this 625? Sounds to me like you got screwed over by Dish Network and I would be asking for the 501 back. I believe they have a $99 upgrade promotion for most customers where you can lease the 625. They are going for almost $200 online and you can buy and own your own 522/625 for what the 501's are going for. You basically sold them your 501 for $50 when you can get probably $125-175 on ebay for it.

If they are letting you keep your 501 then you got a pretty good deal as they typically charge $99. You didn't do bad after all. Your going to spend $49 and get a bit out of your 501 so you will end up ahead. The 625 is a sweet receiver with two tv outputs and 100 hours of storage time. You have to pay a $5.99 DVR fee (waived if you have AEP) but you also do not have the $4.99 additional outlet fee to pay if you have your phoneline plugged in so that pretty well makes up for it.

Do you have two lines coming from the dish to the location where the 625 will go? It won't work with only 1 tuner connected. You could end up spending a lot more than you expect unless they also included installation on your special deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)