Dish just lost another customer

Come on folks, someone, or a family, possibly lost their home here. We shouldnt joke around on anyone's misfortune.

Absolutely no way to know what has happened here. I could show you pictures of places similar to this in our area, and they have been vacant for years.

I do generally agree with the last part of your post though.

I thought, when you cancel service with DN, you have to remove the LNB off the dish? When I left DN, the rep told me that I had to remove the LNB off the dish and send it in along with receivers. I live in a 2 story home, I had to rent a 28ft. ladder (fully extended mind you) and climb to the top of the highest part of the house and remove the LNB. I almost fell off the ladder trying to remove it. It would of been a nasty fall and lawsuit.

I can remember seeing a picture (posted in satguys I think) a few years back of a house completely destroyed by a tornado, with a completely untouched pole mounted dish next to the pile of rubble.

I thought, when you cancel service with DN, you have to remove the LNB off the dish? When I left DN, the rep told me that I had to remove the LNB off the dish and send it in along with receivers. I live in a 2 story home, I had to rent a 28ft. ladder (fully extended mind you) and climb to the top of the highest part of the house and remove the LNB. I almost fell off the ladder trying to remove it. It would of been a nasty fall and lawsuit.
How much were they going to charge for that LNB?

Many times I have seen the question of what can be done with old dishes.
I have a new idea.
Since they are apparently indestructible, they could be used as a liner for doomsday bunkers.
We just have to somehow figure out if they are zombie proof.

Last edited:
That thar trayler may have been the climactic ending to a COPS episode. If I close my eyes, I can see it...

I had to rent a 28ft. ladder (fully extended mind you) and climb to the top of the highest part of the house and remove the LNB. I almost fell off the ladder trying to remove it. It would of been a nasty fall and lawsuit.

Your kidding right? Why on earth would you do that?

That thar trayler may have been the climactic ending to a COPS episode. If I close my eyes, I can see it...

you seem to know wayyy too much about this property. i'm beginning to suspect that used to be your place. yep! you used to live there :D

ALMOST

AH Heck, ALMOST is not good enough. If you had actually gone through with the fall, we could have have seen the results of the lawsuit.:D

Let's see, Claude starts a thread with the title "Dish just lost another customer" and a picture of a burned house with the dish still attached.
Anyone else think his intent was to make it seem and look like it was Dish's fault that this family lost their house because somehow the Dish caused the fire?
Yeah I do too!

Let's see, Claude starts a thread with the title "Dish just lost another customer" and a picture of a burned house with the dish still attached.
Anyone else think his intent was to make it seem and look like it was Dish's fault that this family lost their house because somehow the Dish caused the fire?
Yeah I do too!

Some of E* receivers do run hot:).

In West Virginia, what is the difference between a tornado, fire and a divorce....Answer, nothing. One way or another somebody is going to lose a trailer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)