dish kinda sees my 119...

Can I do this leaving the rcvr on? Or should I pull the plug between each iteration? Going back and forth thru my backyard maze to unplug, replug can be cumbersome.

:)

I will do this testing. I have a huge spool of RG-6 wire to make the test cable.

Do I need to do check switches betwen each test before checking transponders or can I just go to menu/setup/point dish and it will test without switch checking?

You don't have to unplug multiple times. You will probably have to perform the checkswitch again every time you use a different switch type. IOW, you probably won't have to do a checkswitch when you go from one sw21 to the next sw21, but you might have to when going from a sw21 to an sw21x. Of course, this is assuming you route the same satellite to the same port of every switch consistently throughout the whole test.

Well, got this to the point of the 622 seeing everything.

Input 1 was a bad sw-21x, Input 2 was a bad wire. If you read my 82/91 post that ended up being a bad wire, same problem, the 2 wires were in a cable holder together and I had pierced BOTH with a staple. Water finally got in to mess them both up over time.

So, now, I get signals on 119 in the 60's, 110 in the 40's and 61.5 in the 30's

They used to be 119, was 90's, 110 was 60's and 61.5 was 100 or so

Also, 61.5 there is no signal on even transponders.

So I still have work to do, new lnb for 61.5 and repeaking all 3. I live in a huge forest, so the dishes are all over my yard. I hope I CAN get signal, might be tree/branch/leaf growth problems. :/

Although 61.5 is really 200 feet away in another neighbors yard with clear LOS so I bet her kids knocked the dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)