DISH Launches 4 more RSN's in HD

Yeah I agree Scott! I kind of wish Dish would have saved some space on those 9 HDPPV Channels for National HD Channels instead.

They can always scale those back. It's not like adding a national SD/HD channel then deciding they don't need it, then tons of customers are angry.

I'm sure if they cut out 2-3 HD PPV's down the road you wouldn't hear too many complaints.

I hope they add Comcast Sportsnet NewEngland, and get rid of FSN NewEngland on Oct 1st looks like Celtics are showing 40 home games in HD.

Stupid question: Do you need to subscribe to a special package to get RSN's? I don't watch a lot of sports, so haven't gone looking for whatever I might get in Minneapolis.

RSN's are available for anyone that gets the America's Top 100 Plus or higher (AT100+, AT200, AT250, etc).

Geoff

Stupid follow up question: Why don't I see any of these RSNs in any of my guides? Should I be getting one in Minneapolis?

So I see I now have CSN-Mid Atlantic HD, but I checked the CSN website and they list programs showing all day, but I have nothing, am I missing something and how do you know when a game is on...I forwarded the dish guide 7 days and could not find anything showing at any time.
Thanks, Ron

Any chance FSN Bay Area coming on line this year or next?

Last time I emailed FSN Bay Area, they said that the ball is in Dish Network's court. The channel is uplinked so it's a matter of taking care of the contract, not the satellite capacity.

I just hope they turn it on soon. Oh no I said the word SOON. :)

If I have the sports pack will this allow me to watch all of the HD RSN's? If I have CI and the sports pack would that allow me to watch any HD games being broadcast on the various HD RSN's without being blacked out? Or would I only be able to watch CI HD games on the CI channels reserved for HD broadcasts?:confused:

Yes. It's called the MultiSport Package, and it costs $5.99/month. Remember, it's subject to league blackout restrictions on professional games (like NBA, MLB, NHL, ...).

I thought that if you bought the NHL Center Ice package or NBA League Pass that it lifted the blackout restrictions on the various RSN's nationwide. If you can only get the HD RSN's in your local market then what is the point of having these channels on conus? Wouldn't they just put these HD RSN's on spotbeam instead? If these channels are dark unless a pro game is broadcast and nobody outside of the various markets can watch despite having CI or league pass then what's the point of paying the 5.99 to add them???

I thought that if you bought the NHL Center Ice package or NBA League Pass that it lifted the blackout restrictions on the various RSN's nationwide. If you can only get the HD RSN's in your local market then what is the point of having these channels on conus? Wouldn't they just put these HD RSN's on spotbeam instead? If these channels are dark unless a pro game is broadcast and nobody outside of the various markets can watch despite having CI or league pass then what's the point of paying the 5.99 to add them???
I think you're right about the NHL and NBA packages. Of course, you'll pay more than the $5.99 to add them.

I personally got the Multi-Sport Package to get FSNMW-HD for the Cardinals. I'm in their home territory, but Dish only gives us FSNSW here by default. There are shows on the SD RSNs that aren't blacked out. Sometimes I'll get up in the morning and watch the wrap-up shows from different parts of the country.