DISH Launches dishNET Broadband

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I heard from the chat and other sources that it will all be branded DishNet but the dishes and TRIA's will be different, they'll just look the same. :)

someone may have already answered this but anyways....the dish is branded with the new dishnet logo. however the trias and modems are still made by hughes. i have a whole shipment sitting in my warehouse now. all modems and trias are coming in a box with the blue hughes logo on them.

someone may have already answered this but anyways....the dish is branded with the new dishnet logo. however the trias and modems are still made by hughes. i have a whole shipment sitting in my warehouse now. all modems and trias are coming in a box with the blue hughes logo on them.

Yea, and we're told that the next shipment of Exede dishes that comes into our Dish distributor's warehouse will be painted the same way with the DishNet logo and have Exede TRIA's and modems. Time will tell. All Exede orders after October 1 are now sold as DishNet. DishNet packages, DishNet email addresses, etc.

Why do people think Exede and Hughesnet are going to be the same?
Sure, they use the same reflector and different TRIAs and modems.
This dealer sounds like they are selling both Exede and Hughesnet services and are economizing on their inventory.
I don't understand how it makes sense that both an Exede and a Hughesnet end-user are going to have their service branded as "DISHnet". EchoStar and ViaSat are sworn enemies. The fact that their systems are so similar has resulted in large lawsuits for patent violations due to their extreme similarity, even down to the beam footprints. The back-end, data plans, modulation, channel plan, and speed throughput on upload and download channels are completely different.

:confused:

What is a "TRIAs"?

Good thread, learned about the 10GB cap is actually a 5GB/5GB cap, that sucks and also that Dish can advertise $29.95/mo but adds a $10/mo equipment rental, for me that's $39.95/mo.

My slow 65 KB/sec terrestrial wireless w/o caps is still looking pretty good at $30/mo.

Like Scherrman said, it's the electronics on the dish which are officially known as a Transmit Receive Integrated Assembly, hence TRIA.

Yea, and we're told that the next shipment of Exede dishes that comes into our Dish distributor's warehouse will be painted the same way with the DishNet logo and have Exede TRIA's and modems. Time will tell. All Exede orders after October 1 are now sold as DishNet. DishNet packages, DishNet email addresses, etc.

yeah definitely true. everything is going to dishnet. there will be no more hughes and wildblue as far as dish is concerned. we use eta direct to handle the routing of workorders in our company and when october 1st hit the workorders that use to say "wildblue" in the properties now all say "dishnet." you actually have to go in to the details and look at the required equipment to see if the tech needs to install hughes equipment or wildblue.

Locally advertised on the radio,as dishnet with happy music in the background. Sayin...if fed up with ur highspeed internet...theres a new one in town!! Dishnet...from dish...$39 a month with equipment rental...sounds comparable to comcast and others. Data cap is the killer though. Advertising where i live...bloomington indiana, sure to get alot of hits...potential new customers as well. Data cap is not in there advertisment, and will be the big time negative...especially for the customers who dont listen...and just want a new provider!

Itll be another negative for dish. Like the...Ohhh I had dish,and it failed when it rained. People will get dishnet..goin..awww this is cool. Two days later...dish is that company that wanted to charge more...for another 5gb...and turned off my highspeed internet..lol. Then word will go around, others ill chime in..ya when it rains...it dont work. Then have a city of haters towards the company.

Itll be another negative for dish. Like the...Ohhh I had dish,and it failed when it rained. People will get dishnet..goin..awww this is cool. Two days later...dish is that company that wanted to charge more...for another 5gb...and turned off my highspeed internet..lol. Then word will go around, others ill chime in..ya when it rains...it dont work. Then have a city of haters towards the company.

You're right, there is a silver lining to every turd put out by Dish: More haters. :)

Different dishes, but branded with the logo "dishnet" that is the key difference. The same difference as a 500, 1k2, 1k4 or whatever, they all have the dishnetwork brand on them even though they are different dishes.

Dish did all this before. Remember "Starband?" I went through SB's "training" and installed my own, had good service, (nothing available in my area wired at all for high speed at that time)....and it was very EARLY in satellite internet. They piggybacked everything on a wider than normal (back then) dish. Worked fairly well, and didn't have automatic caps on anything, but....we also didn't have the amount of video and other high-bandwidth content available if you go back to the mid-late 1990's! Dish offered discounts on all their packages to anyone with the SB integrated system, which really was only "integrated" by the sharing of a dish for two separate services.

Funniest thing I ran into was, since my apartment was a storefront, converted for home use and next to a pub, local teachers would come down for lunch, and one or two of them had radar detectors. If they left them on parked in front of my home, I had to go into the bar, find the "offender" and ask them to go turn it off so I could resume using the 'net. The detectors and the starband didn't get along well. Took awhile to find that as the problem, but it WAS!

Dish did all this before. Remember "Starband?" I went through SB's "training" and installed my own, had good service, (nothing available in my area wired at all for high speed at that time)....and it was very EARLY in satellite internet. They piggybacked everything on a wider than normal (back then) dish. Worked fairly well, and didn't have automatic caps on anything, but....we also didn't have the amount of video and other high-bandwidth content available if you go back to the mid-late 1990's! Dish offered discounts on all their packages to anyone with the SB integrated system, which really was only "integrated" by the sharing of a dish for two separate services.

Funniest thing I ran into was, since my apartment was a storefront, converted for home use and next to a pub, local teachers would come down for lunch, and one or two of them had radar detectors. If they left them on parked in front of my home, I had to go into the bar, find the "offender" and ask them to go turn it off so I could resume using the 'net. The detectors and the starband didn't get along well. Took awhile to find that as the problem, but it WAS!

There was the same problem on the 105 super dish. I didn't believe it until I seen it for myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)