Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Dish Launches www.dishracing.com

- There were 75 million NASCAR fans in the U.S. in 2006, and the number is growing. This is second only to the NFL! (Source: NASCAR Brand Review 2006)

- NASCAR fans are 3 times more likely to purchase from a team sponsor. (Source: Ipsos Reid, NASCAR Brand Review 2002)

- Additionally, 85% of NASCAR enthusiasts know who sponsors the race cars, and they support them with their purchases. (Source: Ipsos Reid, NASCAR Brand Review 2002)

- And near and dear to your heart, 62% of NASCAR fans own 3 or more televisions, and 44% of them subscribe to premium movie channels! (Source: Simmons National Consumer Survey, Fall 2005 – Spring 2006)
These statistics add up to one thing – NASCAR fans are great potential DISH Network customers!

• Consumer Website – More about DISH All-Stars at www.dishracing.com – We will also have a website dedicated to DISH Network’s sponsorship in NASCAR and of our DISH All-Stars at www.dishracing.com. Customers will be able to get updates on our team, standings, race results and more!

• iTV – “Racing Interactive” on DishHOME – Expected to launch on or around February 21, 2007 – We will have a great iTV feature on DishHOME Interactive Channel 100 for NASCAR fans and DISH Network subscribers to be able to stay up-to-date with all of their favorite drivers and race teams. It’s called “Racing Interactive” and it will enhance the viewer experience by providing a wealth of racing information all in one place. The best thing about Racing Interactive is that it is absolutely FREE to DISH Network customers. Here’s what it offers:
o Results and Statistics – Race details and standings for the current Nextel Cup race will be available. The data is provided by STATS Inc.

o News – Displays the latest news and happenings in stock car racing.

o Race Schedule – Provides the Nextel Cup Schedule for the upcoming racing season.

o Driver Profiles – Gives details about drivers, everything from their birth date to their career earnings.

o Vote – Allows users to vote in a poll via Short Message Service (SMS ) text messaging. Results will be shown as the poll is updated.

o Fantasy Game – Links the user to the DISH Network Fantasy Racing hosted in DishHOME, Channel 100. Users will leave the DISH Network Racing iTV application and will be sent to the Fantasy Racing application.

o Mobile – This area will eventually allow users to download content to their mobile devices via SMS.

o www.dishracing.tv – Launched February 15, 2007. This website will complement the iTV application and will offer even more in-depth coverage of stock car racing.

Well thats all well and good , but Dish dropped the ball and let D*** have the Nascar Hotpass! Just pisses me off to no end just thinking about it and letting this slip through they hands!!! :mad:

Hey Dish, instead of spending my money on sponsoring racing, how about cutting my bill?! It really annoys me when companies flaunt their wealth like this. Unfortunately I was also an Alltel subscriber and they put their NASCAR sponsorship in everybody's faces too.

Mark Martin drove the Dish car in the Busch race Saturday took 5th. Not sure who will be driving it this weekend.

Hey Dish, instead of spending my money on sponsoring racing, how about cutting my bill?! It really annoys me when companies flaunt their wealth like this. Unfortunately I was also an Alltel subscriber and they put their NASCAR sponsorship in everybody's faces too.

Its called advertising. Its tough to get new customers without it.

Guess what!! Its not YOUR money once you give it to E* Its charlie's to spend as he pleases!!!:p

What? A package which cost $99 and places major emphasis on Network commercials. I can do without it. I did see the preview event.

Yeah, D*** really did a sh!tty job with the Incar. I had it several years ago with cable and it was awsome, maybe Dish would have done a better job with it, but we will never know!

Well Matt went out and won the race tonite, so Dish definitely got their money's worth in California this weekend!

I don't have a problem with dishracing.tv, but I do have a problem with activities such as NASCAR (racing), Poker (cards), Darts, Bowing, and Tiddlywinks being shown on ESPN. These are not sports and they should not be shown on a sports channel; there is nothing athletic about driving a car, shuffling a deck of cards, and rolling a ball with a beer in hand.;)

I don't have a problem with dishracing.tv, but I do have a problem with activities such as NASCAR (racing), Poker (cards), Darts, Bowing, and Tiddlywinks being shown on ESPN. These are not sports and they should not be shown on a sports channel; there is nothing athletic about driving a car, shuffling a deck of cards, and rolling a ball with a beer in hand.;)

or how about the spelling bee or jump roping competition??? Can wait for dodgeball to show up on espn ocho lol

These are not sports and they should not be shown on a sports channel; there is nothing athletic about driving a car;)

Sports: An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.

Try driving a race car for 500 miles. No automatic tranmisson, no power-steering, no air-conditioning, wearing an hot jumpsuit, and your doing it at around 200 mph! That is physical exertion!! I think a little more than swinging a golf club!
Driving yourself to the grocery store is not - big difference.

Tom in TX

WTF are you talking about!! Don't put Nascar in with that statement, for you will surely start a war u won't win!! :mad: Just shows that some people are just clueless!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts