dish letter

harveystern

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 17, 2003
miami fl
Dish sent letter stating they want to give me a new 301 for my old 2000, no strings attached. They told me in a month my 2000 will not work anymore with the dish system. harvey

It probably just means that Dish is nearing the end of the smartcard replacement cycle and they are going to switch over to the new encryption standard... Old receivers like the 2000 will cease to function.

Don't trust any of them. Make a choice and be happy I guess. By the time high Def comes around, there will be a new format forcing all of us to buy a new TV.

Your 2000 is a UHF receiver tell DISH you want a receiver with equal capabilities they should offer a 508 remanufactured or a 510. If they offer a 510 tell them to waive the Dish Video on Demand fees seeing your 2000 didn't have them. Other posters have gotten this ofer.

Your 2000 is a UHF receiver tell DISH you want a receiver with equal capabilities they should offer a 508 remanufactured or a 510. If they offer a 510 tell them to waive the Dish Video on Demand fees seeing your 2000 didn't have them. Other posters have gotten this offer.

This is true, they've been offering promos to 2000-3200 customers all over. It's an RA nightmare.

The true problem is what was mentioned above, if you use your UHF functions of the rcvr, then the 301 will not help you. Most warehouses are fresh out of adapters becuase of this. You'll need to see if they'll spring for a 508/501. Once you get the DVR you'll love it and it has a UHF remote.

There were issues with the 2000 so it is being replaced with either a 301 or 508, NOT the 510 and waiving the fee, the either 501/508. The equipment would be owned, 2000 has to be active, and has about a couple weeks before the rcvr is not able to be used. You can be paranoid and not take dish up on the offer but the 2000s will be disabled anyways, dish is just allowing consumers to recoup some of the cost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts