Dish Lnbf For 119w And 118.75w ??

no you cannot use the 121 LNB for 118.

AlbertaBeef was stealing them. There is no way to get the INt'l stuff on 118 yet. Only free thing there is a screen that says "you have a DishPlus"

no
he modified his equipment to illegally pick them up (which is wrong and not tolerated here). The channels on 118 are not avaialble yet mainly because you have to change out the dish/LNB setup

118 is KU band circular (which is noted at the beginning of the thread)

121 is KU linear
119/110 are DBS circular

so its a mix/match of two parts :)

looks like i have to upgrade to superdish. my subbed international chs from my existing 121 are black now..

Iceberg, what do they mean by KU circular. Does this mean a invacom QPH will not pick up that sat?

maddawg
It does pick it up but at a VERY VERY low signal. The "you have a DishPlus" screen was pixelated. It uses circular frequencies between 11.7-12.2

You can take this for what it's worth:

I just want to point something out. . .

Your warning when you register clearly states "We have a strict NO HACK TALK policy. Persons posting information on how to hack/steal services or requesting information on how to hack/steal service will be imediately BANNED,"

I didn't do either of the things you said were ban-able offenses. I neither posted nor requested information on how to hack/steal services.

If my saying I was testing was a bannable offense, you should have a more clearly defined policy - I have never wanted to do anything against anyone's policy.

It would also be a nice idea that instead of outright banning someone on the first day, especially for policy that you didn't clearly explain, that you simply edit a post and send a warning. Is that too much to ask?

I want to clear another thing up - You also said in your notice of my being banned that I should get a sub - I HAVE a sub. Always have had. I pay nearly $80 a month for my bell sub and movie channels.

It should be pointed out that in Canada, where I am, I had a legal DishNet sub for years, until Bell came on the scene. Then the company i subbed with dropped me. My service simply stopped one day, even though if you read what judges have had to say regarding the telecommunications law, it was never intended that it be made illegal for EXISTING SUBS, just for new subs.

Legally I should have been able to keep my subscription indefinetly, however the US companies that dropped Canadians like flies didn't care. They were afraid of being taken to court, and dropped us knowing we'd have little recourse.

Bell then came out with an 'amnesty' policy whereby we could get legal subscriptions (which we already had). Anyone who had a sub before bell came on the scene had a legal sub, according to the intent of the law, according to Canadian Supreme Court judges. But anyway, we traded in our DN receiver and we got a Bell Sub, which we've had for years, but HATED in comparison to our DN sub.

So in addition to my sub, I tested. But I maintain I always had the right to watch DN, which was taken from me ILLEGALLY I might add. I lost huge money in the deal - nearly a thousand dollars I had paid for a year of everything that was lost in February.

So tell me I don't have the right to test. That's fine. I didn't break any of your rules that I agreed to when I registered. I didn't post about hacking, or request info on hacking. Nor was I informed that my posting about testing was wrong.

Now I question, if it's so wrong, why do you have Coolsats, CaptiveWorks, Neosats, etc., all well known FTA+Patch receivers, instead of much less expensive things like Traxis that are true FTA receivers? Or should I leave that topic alone?

I do FTA all the time, I love to go through the TrueFTA channels. That's why I have multiple dishes, multiple motors and am constantly repointing and testing new things.

I also want to point out though, that although the sat is circular, and although you (iceberg( had pixelization on the test channel, myself and hundreds of other people managed to view the dish+ channels with it's oh-so-enjoyable audio feed with no pixelization or breakup whatsoever. Not sure why, maybe it was my Xtreme lnbf, maybe it was something else, but it was perfect for me.

Anyway, I won't post about certain topics anymore. Just strictly FTA, or about my subbed stuff, that's fine. Or ban me for coming back if you want - it's certainly up to you.

I just wanted to clarify things, and make you aware that you were banning people for things not clearly defined as against your policy.

Iceberg said:
no
he modified his equipment to illegally pick them up (which is wrong and not tolerated here). The channels on 118 are not avaialble yet mainly because you have to change out the dish/LNB setup

:rolleyes: sounds like someone is going to run into an Iceberg

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 130
Hummm lets see the op..
Yes, I have an STB for testing. And yes, there's lots to watch with a DS2076 and Xtreme LNB and antenna settings of standard/10750 all in the 11.7~12.2 frequency range... Much like you can see the 'you have a dish plus', I can see other things. . .

HACK TERM #1 STB FOR TESTING
HACK TERM #2 And yes, there's lots to watch with a DS2076 and Xtreme LNB and antenna settings of standard/10750 all in the 11.7~12.2 frequency range...
Hack Term #3 I can see other things. . .

Hummm That sounds like three strikes aganst the hack policy. You signed the rules when you Joined Twice. Plus there is a STICKY in the damm fourm your in that clearly defines it. You openly in canada where you cant receive these services legally due to THE CANADAN GOVT. Everyone here knows that. Bannn you I Will because we have NO TOLERANCE FOR ANY TYPE OF HACKING and It's definaly against the rules to create a new account just to BITCH and Moan about you getting banned..

I got three words for you Banned and Reported! YOUR INFORMATION HAS BEEN REPORTED TO DISH NETWORKS LEGAL TEAM! :) HAVE A NICE DAY!

Attachments

• owned_help.jpg
    owned_help.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
cripes....let me see if I can figure this BS out

AlbertaB said:
Your warning when you register clearly states "We have a strict NO HACK TALK policy. Persons posting information on how to hack/steal services or requesting information on how to hack/steal service will be imediately BANNED,"

I didn't do either of the things you said were ban-able offenses. I neither posted nor requested information on how to hack/steal services.

If my saying I was testing was a bannable offense, you should have a more clearly defined policy - I have never wanted to do anything against anyone's policy.
It is so funny that people try and defend their actions. "testing" is stealing..plain and simple

It would also be a nice idea that instead of outright banning someone on the first day, especially for policy that you didn't clearly explain, that you simply edit a post and send a warning. Is that too much to ask?
I don't have time for stealers...I banned someone within 6 minutes of registering because they were stealing.

So in addition to my sub, I tested. But I maintain I always had the right to watch DN, which was taken from me ILLEGALLY I might add. I lost huge money in the deal - nearly a thousand dollars I had paid for a year of everything that was lost in February.
so since DIsh cant legally sell outside of the US, you feel violated, huh? Oh well...sucks to be you

So tell me I don't have the right to test. That's fine. I didn't break any of your rules that I agreed to when I registered. I didn't post about hacking, or request info on hacking. Nor was I informed that my posting about testing was wrong.
um, no hacking. Plain and simple. You are stealing and that violates the rule.

Now I question, if it's so wrong, why do you have Coolsats, CaptiveWorks, Neosats, etc., all well known FTA+Patch receivers, instead of much less expensive things like Traxis that are true FTA receivers? Or should I leave that topic alone?
because they are true FTA boxes when they come out of the factory. I have 9 boxes and every one of them is legal....LEGAL...no illegal software in them.

I just wanted to clarify things, and make you aware that you were banning people for things not clearly defined as against your policy.

you steal DIsh Network....we ban...pretty open and closed case if you ask me

HACK TERM #1 STB FOR TESTING
HACK TERM #2 And yes, there's lots to watch with a DS2076 and Xtreme LNB and antenna settings of standard/10750 all in the 11.7~12.2 frequency range...
Hack Term #3 I can see other things. . .

Hummm That sounds like three strikes aganst the hack policy. You signed the rules when you Joined Twice. Plus there is a STICKY in the damm fourm you in that clearly defines it. You openly in canada where you cant receive these services legally due to THE CANADAN GOVT. Everyone here knows that. Bannn you I Will because we have NO TOLERANCE FOR ANY TYPE OF HACKING and It's definaly against the rules to create a new account just to BITCH and Moan about you getting banned..
Thanks Bob...you're right. If he can see "lots of stuff on 118" gee thats obvioulsy stealing.

I recently read where someone had taken an old DSS LNBF, removed the teflon insert in the throat that facilitated circular reception, removed the screws on the back cover and readjusted the LO 250 mhz, thus lowering the LO to about 11000. He was then able to receive some linear signals.

Leaving the teflon insert in the LNBF, you should be able receive circular signals in the "normal" linear freuencies.

Or perhaps a regular linear LNBF could be fitted with the teflon insert, allowing the reception of any circular signal in this frequency range. If they happen to be unencrypted, they could be viewed with any FTA receiver.

Comments?

Smith said:
Then I would expect you'll reread recent posts here and at dbstalk with reports about 118.75W and CIRCULAR LNBF.

I did and I still don't understand your post. In my previous post I am suggesting the modification of a Linear 10750 LNBF to make it a Circular 10750 LNBF which would make it capable of receiving these signals. Am I missing something?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)