DISH - Local ABC - Charlotte Problem

pott2233

Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
I am recently experiencing a problem viewing my local HD ABC station in charlotte over my off air antenna routed through my dish 811 receiver.

Could this have anything to do with the 811 HD setup for 1080 vs 720P.

All other locals come in fine - all signal strenghts on the locals are all 80 - 90% even the ACB station.

The issue is that the image on the screen appears to "REFRESH" itself every 5 seconds.

I have a sony 52 HD Projection TV.

I recently changed my DISH 811 HD setting from 1080i to 720P - could this simple change cause me problems on just this one station?

Thx for the help - NOT

Well I finally have figured this out after some major research.

The recent changes that the FCC is requiring all local affiliates to make (PSIP) has conflicted with the 811 software code.

I called my local affilaite that I am having the issue with WSOC. (super nice reposnse) They admitted to the change a few weeks back and admitted 95% of their calls since then were related to Dish 811 customers. He claimed they were in contact with Dish to help them correct the probelm.

i then called Dish (for like the millionth time) they finally claimed they new what I wa talking about and confirmed the compatability issue - they indicated they are working on a solution but could give me noe time frame for a correction - not even a ball park - days / weeks / months.

So I will continue to pester once a week or so until hey make this correction -

Same here!

Thanks for figuring this out. It was driving me crazy. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem.

Any ETA on a fix?

I'm in Lansing, MI and my local is ABC 53 that is giving me problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts