DISH Makes offer to buy Sprint (Rescinded)

AT&T will do uverse for their core regions and wireless for everywhere else. No real reason for them to get into satellite when even Ergen acknowledges that it isn't the future.

Dish is in a tough spot now. How well does their spectrum even fit with T-mobile?

But the hybrid of cell and spectrum and satellite opens great possibilities.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Dish is in a tough spot now. How well does their spectrum even fit with T-mobile?

Dish's spectrum will work with any tower owner. They just need towers, a lot of towers in the next few years since if they do not cover enough of the population fast enough they lose their spectrum rights.

I have AT&T cell service, no problem. I have Verizon Fios land line and Internet service, no problem.

But I suspect if AT&T bought Dish, there'd be a squeeze for profits like we've never seen, to "pay the way." More fees, such as Dish Anywhere Access fee, etc. Enough is enough, unless I win the lottery BIG TIME.
Why? I had Uverse for a couple of short periods, and I saw no evidence of that at all. I didn't care for the TV service compared to Dish, but the broadband was pretty great. All equipment was free. Monthly package prices reasonable. No hidden fees. And, I think I got gift cards worth hundreds of $$ each time I signed up.

I had ATT cell service, as well. Not bad either, at first. I switched to Verizon, though, when I decided to upgrade from an iPhone to Android at the peak of ATT's network slowdown from the huge number of iPhone users that they were not prepared to handle. (It was still exclusive to ATT at the time.)

I disagree,Dish still has quite a bit of wireless spectrum,they also have shown the ability to raise the funds when they want to buy something.If they don't get T-mobile they might sell o the spectrum and buy dtv.I'm sure Charlie won't go quietly.

Charlie is looking for a way out . Read the headlines. They need some type of merger or they won't survive.

I think Dish will either try to work with Sprint or go for T-Mobile. Dish can gobble up some smaller cell companies to get as big as Sprint or larger.

Looks like Charlie E. will have to go for T-mobile or sell his company or merge with a company. I don't see a future for DISH as a stand alone video service past a few years. They are barely adding anyone when you count the churn of existing subs and the propensity of the younger generation to not even have a cable or satellite service at all. That is demographics that both DISH and Directv are looking at. Sounds like a perfect reason to merge the two ,but that won't help change the future generations that won't ever pay for cable or satellite tv. At most they might put off the inevitable by a few more years combined. The future is mobile and cell phone service is essential to reach the younger generations. I know many of that generation, 35 and younger ,that pay up to $200.00 or more a month to have access to the internet and can watch tv too. But none of them watch it over cable or satellite. Most have even cut the internet service at home and the personal computer too. I see some with laptops but none will admit to having a p.c. any longer. Charlie is being forward thinking in trying to go with a mobile cell phone service. Maybe a partnership with an existing one that can use his licenses for all the bandwith he has built up . He could then sell his tv service over the phone. But I am thinking that the existing tv packages will never fly . Ala cart will be essential to getting the younger people to use it at all. The days of bloated tv companies are fast going the way of the dinosaur. It's all a matter of time.....:coffee

I wish some-one could tell me what's so great about dish. They run an inferior satellite system that is already outdated and users have to have cheap and nasty dishes that are only marginally fit for purpose.
Their CEO has a poor reputation and their customer base TV and satellite internet is declining, no wonder they are looking to get into cell and terrestial distribution. I only hope if they succeed they do not damage the business they purchase like they seem intent on doing to their own.

If you dislike Dish so much, why are you being a troll here. Go back and hide under your rock or bridge!!

about 56 secs into the video is exactly how I have looked many times trying to talk with customer support.This is hilarious to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
T-Mobile and Dish would be a good fit. T-Mobile with their 52,000 towers and Dish with their nationwide unused spectrum. Clearwire (by itself or via Sprint) was a better fit because Clearwire has a huge amount of mostly unused nationwide spectrum.

You must hate dish as much as I despise ATT.I have no clue how ATT managed to stay out of the 2012 worst 10 list.They made the top 3 in 2011 and 2010.I can say ATT sucks though.Google verified it for me.;)
No I don't hate Dish. I hate the people who are in charge of it! I would rather see Dish get bought out, then see Charlie in charge of anything. As you can see many investors and companies agree. They hate Charlie!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)