DISH Makes TV Easy with New Hopper Plus™

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My wife refuses to even touch them. When I was 8 years old I was my father's remote control. I choose not to resume that type of service work.
That's just crazy. Does she hate not having a chord attached to the phone? Not having cruise control?? Things change, we evolve with those changes and just MY opinion, give me a remote I can use with one hand, hitting every button, that lights up in the dark with a slight shake and lets you talk to it, if so inclined.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Scott Greczkowski and HipKat , I am going to remove the H+ and go back to pure H3 operation. Will re-connect the H+ someday when issues get fixed. After J_Smooth tried the same thing and had issues, can you check the following procedure for anything I should do different? Thanks

Unplug the H+ and H3 electrical cord.

Unplug the H+ USB connection

Unplug the H+ HDMI cable and plug into H3

Plug-in the H3 electrical cord

After 20 minute boot up hopefully everything will be up and running

Re-boot the Joey 4s if needed

Reactions: HipKat
Delete them from your apps and then reload them and login in as usual.
Bobby both my Peacock+ and Paramount+ apps are working good again when I fired up my H+ this morning. I only have three other apps and they all work good. HBO+, Netflix, & Prime Video. Where is the app storage menu in the H+? I think the app section of the H+ works pretty good.

Reactions: Bobby
And you can only use the USB cable it came with. I tried changing the cable for a 6 foot one and the Plus would not work with it. Must be a lot of data going over the little cable. :)
What happened? I tried a USB hub it boots but step #3 it fails to connect. I have been successful in using a thumb drive on the Joey 4. But nothing seems to be working between the Hopper and plus to increase the Plus 8gb storage.

Scott Greczkowski do you think the H+ system remote controls having slower response actions than the straight Hopper system will ever get fixed? Do you think it is a software fix or hardware related? Thanks for whatever you are allowed to inform us.

Reactions: J_Smooth
What happened? I tried a USB hub it boots but step #3 it fails to connect. I have been successful in using a thumb drive on the Joey 4. But nothing seems to be working between the Hopper and plus to increase the Plus 8gb storage.
Just a suggestion not sure if it will help.
Unlock Developer Options:
Cog wheel>Device Preferences>About> Click on Build several times until it unlocks Developer Options
Once unlocked you will now see Developer options under Device Preferences. Go in and scroll down to "Select USB Configuration" and change it to MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) instead of "Charging". It's worth a shot.

Last edited:
Just a suggestion not sure if it will help. Try unlocking Developer Options
Cog wheel>Device Preferences>About> Click on Build several times until it unlocks Developer Options
Once unlocked you will now see Developer options under Device Preferences. Go in and scroll down to "Select USB Configuration" and change it to MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) instead of "Charging". It's worth a shot.
GOOD IDEA just like a andriod cell phone

That's just crazy. Does she hate not having a chord attached to the phone? Not having cruise control?? Things change, we evolve with those changes and just MY opinion, give me a remote I can use with one hand, hitting every button, that lights up in the dark with a slight shake and lets you talk to it, if so inclined.
She just likes the older remote. I disagree with her preference but I do not call her or the preference crazy.

Scott Greczkowski do you think the H+ system remote controls having slower response actions than the straight Hopper system will ever get fixed? Do you think it is a software fix or hardware related? Thanks for whatever you are allowed to inform us.
Its a lot better than it was, lol. I know they were working on it and we got the improvements from what it was before. But not sure if they are still working on it or how much faster it is going to get. (Just being honest) :)

I am removing my H+. Unplugged H+ & H3 electric cords and plugged HDMI cable back into the Hopper. Plugged Hopper electric cord back in. Got the start up screen few minutes later got this screen and nothing else. Should I reboot her again?

Attachments

• 20220926_101339.jpg
    20220926_101339.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 71
I am removing my H+. Unplugged H+ & H3 electric cords and plugged HDMI cable back into the Hopper. Plugged Hopper electric cord back in. Got the start up screen few minutes later got this screen and nothing else. Should I reboot her again?
Just now got the startup screen again. Time will tell