DISH Makes TV Easy with New Hopper Plus™

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yep, you have to be patient and wait out the 20 minutes or so. It's best to do the plug in and walk away for that 20 minutes. :)
Thanks Bobby. I wished I had known that the HDMI connection screen would of been there like things were stuck. A scroll bar would have been nice. Any future folks that do this procedure I will let them know about it. Got a pic to show them too. Remote control response actions are super fast again, really awesome. I can live dealing with the black screens but not a slow remote.

Thanks Bobby. I wished I had known that the HDMI connection screen would of been there like things were stuck. A scroll bar would have been nice. Any future folks that do this procedure I will let them know about it. Got a pic to show them too. Remote control response actions are super fast again, really awesome. I can live dealing with the black screens but not a slow remote.
It's obviously a scare screen to get the user to keep using the HP.

• Haha
Reactions: charlesrshell
Scott Greczkowski and HipKat , I am going to remove the H+ and go back to pure H3 operation. Will re-connect the H+ someday when issues get fixed. After J_Smooth tried the same thing and had issues, can you check the following procedure for anything I should do different? Thanks

Unplug the H+ and H3 electrical cord.

Unplug the H+ USB connection

Unplug the H+ HDMI cable and plug into H3

Plug-in the H3 electrical cord

After 20 minute boot up hopefully everything will be up and running

Re-boot the Joey 4s if needed
Well, it’s done. Removed the Hopper Plus and now back into pure Hopper 3 mode. WOW, the remote control actions and everything in general is super-fast again. All my Joey 4s Google menu is still there and all my signed in apps still work good. But of course, the Joey 4s slow remote control actions is still there. I am glad DISH is working on that issue. The HDMI connection screen 2501 will display majority of the 20 minute re-boot time. Just sit back and wait. Thanks to everyone getting me thru this stressful process. Glad it’s over. LOL. Can’t wait to re-install the Hopper Plus again when the issues are resolved.

Attachments

• Code 2501 HDMI Connection.jpg
    Code 2501 HDMI Connection.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 65
It’s too bad as the Joey 4’s are really enjoyable.

I think the Plus has too much it’s trying to do over a usb cable.

It would be nice if Dish would let me upgrade my Joey’s to the 4 without the +. I mean I wouldn’t mind getting the + once the kinks are all worked out but I’m ready to upgrade my Joey 2’s now.

Reactions: TheKrell and KAB
Be honest, is this thing worth all the acrobatics so as not to just press an input button once or twice (not to mention no DV)?
It's truly a mixed bag, but I'd rather have it than not. I'm betting that the skip forward/back will be fixed in an update in a few months, and if not, I can always reverse to just the 3. One input, a very easy to use searchable interface and it behaves well with my TVs (YMMV). No DV only applies to channel 540 on the Joeys (there may be a workaround). I find the DISH 4K content to be really weak anyway. I found the Fire Cube buggy, sometimes my inputs didn't switch with my Harmony remote, and half the time I was trying to figure out which input the AVR was even on. I think the new Home screen is a big win, with a smart layout with my recent recordings, recently watched channels and apps. But all that said, you'd better have some patience, because you ARE a beta tester. That's disappointing as all of us didn't need to share this pain collectively. In addition, my Hopper is having a series of strokes and it makes me wonder if older Hoppers are going to the grave early with this taxing software. Or I just have a bad unit that is getting replaced Weds. Those with sensitive significant others in the household may want to wait awhile also.

Reactions: TheKrell
It would be nice if Dish would let me upgrade my Joey’s to the 4 without the +. I mean I "4"wouldn’t mind getting the + once the kinks are all worked out but I’m ready to upgrade my Joey 2’s now.
By the end of the year when Dish accepts the Hopper+ is a fail, they will retail the 4's, they won't have any choice.

By the end of the year when Dish accepts the Hopper+ is a fail, they will retail the 4's, they won't have any choice.
I don't think they'll ever accept it's a fail, but they will have to actually do some real engineering in how to make it succeed. As for the newer Joeys, as a tech, I ache for the day when we get to stop carrying years-old and outdated receivers, like Joey 2's, Super Joeys, 211Z's, Hopper 2000's....

It’s too bad as the Joey 4’s are really enjoyable.

I think the Plus has too much it’s trying to do over a usb cable.
I would like to see its own ethernet port. I have connected both ethernet and MOCA to all my devices and have seen the system work better when using a APP. I also see a new all in one Hopper so no need for an extra box. The tech/installer and I agree most customers of the distant future will be simply streaming EVERYTHING! (No need for any equipment)

I would like to see its own ethernet port. I have connected both ethernet and MOCA to all my devices and have seen the system work better when using a APP. I also see a new all in one Hopper so no need for an extra box. The tech/installer and I agree most customers of the distant future will be simply streaming EVERYTHING! (No need for any equipment)
Definitely for a large part of the country. I live just slightly off the grid, so no good internet access for a long time. Went Starlink two years ago, so I'm streaming like the rest of the free world. BUT, before that, satellite was the deal. Rural customers just have very few options, so DISH/DIRECTV become pretty essential until fiber starts to move out.

Definitely for a large part of the country. I live just slightly off the grid, so no good internet access for a long time. Went Starlink two years ago, so I'm streaming like the rest of the free world. BUT, before that, satellite was the deal. Rural customers just have very few options, so DISH/DIRECTV become pretty essential until fiber starts to move out.
I completely understand that! I live 35 miles out but gratefully I have ATT DSL with two lines bridged together I get a whopping 25mbs! I can stream 4k so long as that's all I am doing.