DISH Makes TV Easy with New Hopper Plus™

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I completely understand that! I live 35 miles out but gratefully I have ATT DSL with two lines bridged together I get a whopping 25mbs! I can stream 4k so long as that's all I am doing.
Oh yeah, you're right there with us. We had ATT Fixed Wireless, but nothing was fixed about it. Started out at 10 mb download and went to about 3 mb before we pulled the plug. At that point, I needed DISH to take any strain off the internet. Now, I actually value the DISH equipment and haven't seen a streaming service that I feel will be as solid as the Hopper/Joeys.

Every morning one of my WJ4ks when fired up there is no picture but has sound. The only remote selections that work is DVR recordings and the guide. After I do a pull the cord re-boot everything works normal. Trying another TV HDMI input has no results. This Wireless Joey was installed 20 Sep. Started this issue couple days later. All my other Joey 4s are working good. Any suggestions?

Every morning one of my WJ4ks when fired up there is no picture but has sound. The only remote selections that work is DVR recordings and the guide. After I do a pull the cord re-boot everything works normal. Trying another TV HDMI input has no results. This Wireless Joey was installed 20 Sep. Started this issue couple days later. All my other Joey 4s are working good. Any suggestions?
Yesterday it took me several power cycles to get picture back. Maybe a longer power outage like a minute or two?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Unfortunately that did not work in my case. I also tried selecting a channel from the guide and nothing. My tuner list said 0 of 0! Later that day if I just waited over a minute, I got a picture.

Thats something different but most times coming out of standby hitting channel up or down normally gets live TV back quick.

I tried all buttons Scott. Home button, channel up/down, and channel buttons does nothing. Only buttons that work is DVR and Guide.
In my case I provoked it by manually checking for a update. It rebooted as if updating but did not change software. That was the start of my situation. I am no longer checking for updates and just let it do its thing.

In my case I provoked it by manually checking for a update. It rebooted as if updating but did not change software. That was the start of my situation. I am no longer checking for updates and just let it do its thing.
Josephinelcajon this is a Wireless Joey 4. There is no software update selection in the Tools menu.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
Any more suggestions for my issue? Additional info, the WJ4 performs normal the rest of the day. I shut her down and fire it back up and works as normal several times during the day. Issue only happens when I turn her on in the morning. So it is happening when it is shut down for a long period of time. Very strange

• Sad
Reactions: Josephinelcajon
Any more suggestions for my issue? Additional info, the WJ4 performs normal the rest of the day. I shut her down and fire it back up and works as normal several times during the day. Issue only happens when I turn her on in the morning. So it is happening when it is shut down for a long period of time. Very strange
Sorry I am all out of ideas after power cycles reboots repairing last is replace

Any more suggestions for my issue?
I can take a WAG. ;)

Since your J4's work right, but your WJ4 worked for a few days before developing this cold-start (after-nightly-reboot?) issue, I am thinking "infant mortality". The J4's working right argues that this is not the H3.

Do WH's have to use the supplied access point? If not, I'd try unplugging that thing and see how your own network fares. I also think the WJ's have an Ethernet port, so you could plug in an Ethernet cable and see if that fixes it.

I can take a WAG. ;)

Since your J4's work right, but your WJ4 worked for a few days before developing this cold-start (after-nightly-reboot?) issue, I am thinking "infant mortality". The J4's working right argues that this is not the H3.

Do WH's have to use the supplied access point? If not, I'd try unplugging that thing and see how your own network fares. I also think the WJ's have an Ethernet port, so you could plug in an Ethernet cable and see if that fixes it.
Can you explain what WH is? My other WJ4 and two J4s work good. All three fire up when I turn them on in the morning.

Can you explain what WH is?
Argh! That was a typo. I meant Wireless Joey. Fixed.
My other WJ4 and two J4s work good. All three fire up when I turn them on in the morning.
OK, that argues it is not your access point either. It might be entertaining to swap the WJ's to see if the problem follows the new hardware.