DISH Makes TV Easy with New Hopper Plus™

Are you having a technician coming soon? I forgot.
No, I have some problems but nothing requiring equipment. I think my biggest is freezing APPs then the blank screen. I use my Hopper+ 95% of the time. My Joey's are Joey 4's. For the little bit I use them they seem to be doing good. I did notice on all of them the internet activity light seems to be a 24/7 strobe light. I am trying to see just how much data they are using!

Reactions: charlesrshell
OK good idea. I will swap the two WJ4s locations and see what happens in the morning. Thanks
Flip flopped WJ4s yesterday. This morning the WJ4 that is giving me issues the screen saver was on. Haven' seen that before. Started her up and she was working normal, didn't have to pull the plug re-set. Will keep doing daily test to see how goes it.

Reactions: TheKrell
Flip flopped WJ4s yesterday. This morning the WJ4 that is giving me issues the screen saver was on. Haven' seen that before. Started her up and she was working normal, didn't have to pull the plug re-set. Will keep doing daily test to see how goes it.
And how about the other one, did it have the issues that you have been describing?

And how about the other one, did it have the issues that you have been describing?
The other one worked as normal. No screen saver was displayed. Come to think of it, swapping the WJ4s around I think wouldn't be of any use TS this issue. No coax, splitter, or DUO Hub involed. Right?

If it ain't broke don't overthink it and break it! :)
Went to go check on both of my WJs that were shut down couple hours ago. Both were displaying the Google Feature photos screen. This is new. Before both WJs had no screens displaying after shutting them down. Both WJs fired up ok. My J4s don't show the Googles Feature photos when turned off. Anybody else seeing this in their WJs?

Went to go check on both of my WJs that were shut down couple hours ago. Both were displaying the Google Feature photos screen. This is new. Before both WJs had no screens displaying after shutting them down. Both WJs fired up ok. My J4s don't show the Googles Feature photos when turned off. Anybody else seeing this in their WJs?
Check in Device Preferences maybe screen saver is turned off or turn screen saver off and back on to get screen saver on your J4s.

Check in Device Preferences maybe screen saver is turned off or turn screen saver off and back on to get screen saver on your J4s.
All the Joey 4 screen saver settings have been on since the install but I never seen them before. Maybe that on setting has started working for my WJ4s. If you turn the Joeys off you would think the screen photo wouldn't show at all. Strange. I am going to turn off all the Joey 4s screen saver and see what happens.

Reactions: TheKrell
Why would the screen saver show when I turn off my TVs? They use to show nothing.

I don’t understand. If your TV is off you would not see anything. Or do you mean that you see the screen saver when the Joeys are shut off. I could see that happening since my Hopper3 and my Joey3 show a screen saver when they are shut off.

I don’t understand. If your TV is off you would not see anything. Or do you mean that you see the screen saver when the Joeys are shut off. I could see that happening since my Hopper3 and my Joey3 show a screen saver when they are shut off.
Only my WJ4s the screen saver is showing. Shouldn't show anything if TV is off. Strange

Only my WJ4s the screen saver is showing. Shouldn't show anything if TV is off. Strange
Are you sure your TVs are actually off and not in "stand by" mode. Also if you have a "smart TV" it's running some kind of software like Android TV also so it could be the TVs screen saver and not your WJ4s. If you want to test a truly off situation...unplug your TV and I'll bet there's nothing on the screen.

Are you sure your TVs are actually off and not in "stand by" mode. Also if you have a "smart TV" it's running some kind of software like Android TV also so it could be the TVs screen saver and not your WJ4s. If you want to test a truly off situation...unplug your TV and I'll bet there's nothing on the screen.
I am sure TVs were off. The first couple of days after the install I never saw the screen savers. Just started all of a sudden when I turn off the TVs. Unplugged one of my TVs that has a WJ4 attached and the screen saver went off. I have now turned off both my WJ4s and both of my J4s screen savers settings and pulled the cord re-boot for all of them. I don't need any screen savers to be functional. Will see how goes it.

I am sure TVs were off. The first couple of days after the install I never saw the screen savers. Just started all of a sudden when I turn off the TVs. Unplugged one of my TVs that has a WJ4 attached and the screen saver went off. I have now turned off both my WJ4s and both of my J4s screen savers settings and pulled the cord re-boot for all of them. I don't need any screen savers to be functional. Will see how goes it.
Do you have CEC enabled. That might cause your TVs to stay on because of the buffer feature.

Do you have CEC enabled. That might cause your TVs to stay on because of the buffer feature.
Yes CEC is turned on in all Joeys and TVs. You got a good point Bobby. I have now flip flopped both WJ4s back to original locations and the TVs are off and nothing is on the screens. Will check them in the morning to see how they feel. One of my J4s is pretty much used all day long and the other J4 only gets used in the evening. They have been running pretty good.

Reactions: Bobby