DISH Manipulates Federal Rules, Gets Billions in Discounts for Wireless Licenses

Looks like Charlie's Angels are back again.

I'm still waiting to get paid to defend Dish off the clock. I sure am glad you alerted me to the ability to do so!

Seriously, Mitch, you switched to another provider, right? Your money doesn't go to Dish, so why do you care? Did Charlie Ergen kill your goldfish or something? You seem horribly bitter.

Reactions: ChadT41
Dish off slightly as RBC downgrades on spectrum monetization concern
Feb 9 2015, 11:16 ET | By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor

Dish Network (DISH -0.7%) was the surprise story of the FCC's AWS-3 spectrum auction, snapping up some $13B work -- but RBC Capital Markets thinks the company may be sitting on it a while, downgrading Dish's shares to Sector Perform.
"We are downgrading Dish (to sector perform) as we see few near-term prospects for Dish to monetize its spectrum," says RBC's Jonathan Atkin.
Atkin concludes that AT&T (NYSE:T) and Verizon (NYSE:VZ) have bought ample capacity for the next few years and that Sprint (NYSE:S) has airwaves that can compete on price with Dish's.
"We still view a combination with T-Mobile (with Dish as the acquirer) as possible, with an eventual take-out by Softbank/Sprint worth contemplating over the longer term," Atkin adds.
RBC has a price target for Dish Network of $81; shares are trading at $75.11.
http://seekingalpha.com/news/228339...7:1c4547873146bc205b531227f3db1a82#email_link

DISH needs to move on this spectrum quickly in the next two years or they face forfeiture of the entire band with they have bought in 2017. I don't see why they haven't already moved on T-mobile by now and started using it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)