Dish Mexico Quetzsat 1 at 77W in Dallas ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lailanis

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
MA
Hi,

i'm gonna be in Dallas soon and wanted to have sky Mexico 58W or dish Mexico 77W
Afterglow of research, Sky Mx is probably not an option because it requires 2 meter dish (too big) if not more here in dallas
I found too many footprints one of which is this http://www.eldoradosatellite.com/bajatv/Dish_Network_77_Satellite_CONUS_Channels.asp just not sure which one is correct and how to interpret it, Dallas is either at the edge or just outside the beam, wither way even if it's outside I believe it just means you need bigger dish size compared to area at the edged the beam.
I Was wondering if there is anybody who had experience of Rojo/Dish MX in Dallas area, what's the dish size, I know LNB should be circular

Thank you again

I didn't know those were FTA.

Have you checked out this footprint for Quetzsat (I couldn´t find one on the SES website)

http://www.satstar.net/satellites/quetz1.html

I read on another board a post from 2013 of someone in the Midwest using an 18´dish to get Quetzsat 1.

It doesn't seem to be accurate
I am talking about the Mexico beam not the conus beam for Dish USA
The guy with 18" dish is getting the conus beam most likely
that footprint does not list Mexico beam for some reason

I'm north of Albuquerque NM, so don't have first hand knowledge of signal strengths in Dallas. However, I can receive Sky Mexico from 58W on a 1.2 meter dish. Not strong, but OK. I would think it would be about the same in Dallas based on this footprint map:

http://www.kvh.com/Pages/Satellite-...South-America/Sky-Mexico-Intelsat-21-58W.aspx

QueztSat 1 is a lot stronger here, 6 dB, which is 4 times as strong. Looking at it with a spectrum analyzer, all 32 transponders are about the same signal strength, so I'm not seeing any evidence of CONUS vs Mexico transponders. So I think the footprint that Djdish posted a link to, up thread, may be accurate. I can easily lock all the Dish Mexico transponders. There are some barker channels in the clear on 12,487 R 20000. All of the Dish U.S. channels are turbo, so I can't lock those.

Also, FYI, Sky Mexico has a new satellite, Sky Mexico 1 (aka DirecTV 79-KU). It is currently being tested at 77.5 W. I've been watching the testing and it seems pretty strong, stronger than 58 W, but things could change a lot when they move it to 79 W in a few weeks and then move the channels from Intelsat 16 to it. Both of these satellites are 11.7 to 12.2 GHz, linear.

I have no idea what the plans are for Sky Mexico 1, if it will be a second satellite along with 58 W, or if they have long term plans to move off of 58 W.

I'm north of Albuquerque NM, so don't have first hand knowledge of signal strengths in Dallas. However, I can receive Sky Mexico from 58W on a 1.2 meter dish. Not strong, but OK. I would think it would be about the same in Dallas based on this footprint map:

http://www.kvh.com/Pages/Satellite-...South-America/Sky-Mexico-Intelsat-21-58W.aspx

QueztSat 1 is a lot stronger here, 6 dB, which is 4 times as strong. Looking at it with a spectrum analyzer, all 32 transponders are about the same signal strength, so I'm not seeing any evidence of CONUS vs Mexico transponders. So I think the footprint that Djdish posted a link to, up thread, may be accurate. I can easily lock all the Dish Mexico transponders. There are some barker channels in the clear on 12,487 R 20000. All of the Dish U.S. channels are turbo, so I can't lock those.

Also, FYI, Sky Mexico has a new satellite, Sky Mexico 1 (aka DirecTV 79-KU). It is currently being tested at 77.5 W. I've been watching the testing and it seems pretty strong, stronger than 58 W, but things could change a lot when they move it to 79 W in a few weeks and then move the channels from Intelsat 16 to it. Both of these satellites are 11.7 to 12.2 GHz, linear.

I have no idea what the plans are for Sky Mexico 1, if it will be a second satellite along with 58 W, or if they have long term plans to move off of 58 W.

Thx for your input
I'm kinda confused with footprints
I'm not sure what satellite is used by dish Mx, Quetzsat vs echostar 1 vs echostar 8, Quetzsat map shows no beam specific to Mexico
Here is website that shows all footprints
http://www.satstar.net/beams/echo1_mexico.html
Reading other posts, was told for Dallas I need around 2 meter dish in order to get sky Mx that's why I'm switching to Charlie Mx instead
I hope you are sure it was dish Mx channels and not similar package from other sat
This sky Mx 1 new sat is new to me, im not sure if there is website where we can get update

Thx anyway for your help

Your best bet would be to find someone in the Dallas area who has the service and find out what it takes to receive it.

It could be that it takes a 2 meter dish to get reliable Sky Mexico service in Dallas. It's not strong here on a 1.2 meter and wouldn't take much rain to knock out the signal.

As for which satellite or satellites at 77W Dish Mexico uses, I'm not sure. Web sites like Lyngsat show all the channels are on QuetzSat 1, but I have no way of knowing.

EchoStar 1 was launched over 19 years ago so is probably not being used, but is an in-orbit spare. QuetzSat 1 is the newest satellite of the 3. If the footprint maps are correct, it has the strongest signal of the 3 over Mexico and widest area of coverage, from the Canadian border through Central America.

EchoStar 8 is hard to get info on. It apparently has 5 transponders that can be switched to a spot beam, but I can't find a recent coverage map of those. Also, EchoStar has been trying for years to get permission from the FCC to move EchoStar 8 to 86.5W, so apparently they can do without it at 77W.

Reactions: lailanis
Thanks lost_mesa
I did some search and apparently 12399 V 20000 is most likely Dish mexico TP, can you confirm it is locked on your side?

Yes, I get that transponder well. I can lock the following transponders and believe they are all Dish Mexico. I think all of the other transponders from 77W are turbo, so can't test for those. Frequencies may be off a MHz or two. All signals are strong. SR was 20000 on all the ones I could lock:

12,297 L
12,473 L
12,254 R
12,399 R
12,429 R
12,487 R
12,662 R

Reactions: lailanis
Yes, I get that transponder well. I can lock the following transponders and believe they are all Dish Mexico. I think all of the other transponders from 77W are turbo, so can't test for those. Frequencies may be off a MHz or two. All signals are strong. SR was 20000 on all the ones I could lock:

12,297 L
12,473 L
12,254 R
12,399 R
12,429 R
12,487 R
12,662 R
Did you scan any TP, did the channels match Lyngsat channel list for the same TP?
Thanks

12487 R has a dozen in the clear barker channels. All showing the same programming and all in Spanish. They show web links such as dish.com.mx and dishmovil.com.mx. Some of the ads for programs shown the time they will be on in Mexico. I didn't see anything that would indicate this is a service for the U.S. But good strong signal here.

North of Texas (dallas Included)
* intelsat 21 at 58.0W KU band: You need at least 6 ft Offset antena size "or" 8 ft and over Prime focus solid antenna "good brand" (with Ku lnb linear or universal adapted properly)
*Intelsat 21 at 58.0W C band: at least 6 ft of dish size is required
*Quetz Sat-1 at 77.0W: any "Pizza" dish 18". 23" and over is factible to get signal with LNB Circular adapted very well

The 58.0 Ku foot print is not matching the reality. Is Probed that the Ku signal is moving like "Snake" through the USA states, and in Dallas Tx specifically is "Out" but others lowest or higher regions are " IN "
This information is resume that some infomation already posted in this forum and others forums..
Good luck

Reactions: lost_mesa
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)