Dish & MLB Extra Innings

So if I upped my subscription to AT120+, all of a sudden those two channels wouldn't be blacked out anymore?

There is no connection to what you subscribe to - or don't subscribe to - if you have - or don't have pay TV. MLB has it's own rules and you can not get teams with a MLB subscription that are in your market. Let's say you live in Boston and have no pay tv at all, just use an antenna, you will not get the Boston Red Sox games with a MLB subscription. If you do have a pay tv subscription such as DISH Direct or Cable, and you do get your local teams in your package - or you don't get your local teams in your subscription - either way - you still will not get the Red Sox in the MLB package. The only way (without a VPN or similar) to get your local baseball teams is to have a pay tv subscription with the RSN (s) for your market. Those who only stream TV online have no way to do it. (Again poss with a VPN)

There is no connection to what you subscribe to - or don't subscribe to - if you have - or don't have pay TV. MLB has it's own rules and you can not get teams with a MLB subscription that are in your market. Let's say you live in Boston and have no pay tv at all, just use an antenna, you will not get the Boston Red Sox games with a MLB subscription. If you do have a pay tv subscription such as DISH Direct or Cable, and you do get your local teams in your package - or you don't get your local teams in your subscription - either way - you still will not get the Red Sox in the MLB package. The only way (without a VPN or similar) to get your local baseball teams is to have a pay tv subscription with the RSN (s) for your market. Those who only stream TV online have no way to do it. (Again poss with a VPN)

I didn't realize that Dish allocated a bloc of special channels for Extra Innings. I just assumed (incorrectly) that they simply unblocked all the RSN's that you wouldn't normally receive, when you buy Extra Innings. IIRC, that's how Directv used to do it. One day, I had 2 RSN's (the ones that came for free in my "Choice" package), the next day, when I added EI, I had all the RSN's and they weren't blacked out. For a brief period of time when I was a cord cutter, I was able to use MLB EI as a stand-alone product on my Roku, in conjunction with a $5/month sub to Unlocator. They use alternate DNS servers to "unlocate" you and get around the blackouts. As far as I know, it's completely legal.

I didn't realize that Dish allocated a bloc of special channels for Extra Innings. I just assumed (incorrectly) that they simply unblocked all the RSN's that you wouldn't normally receive, when you buy Extra Innings. IIRC, that's how Directv used to do it. One day, I had 2 RSN's (the ones that came for free in my "Choice" package), the next day, when I added EI, I had all the RSN's and they weren't blacked out. For a brief period of time when I was a cord cutter, I was able to use MLB EI as a stand-alone product on my Roku, in conjunction with a $5/month sub to Unlocator. They use alternate DNS servers to "unlocate" you and get around the blackouts. As far as I know, it's completely legal.

Yes. as far as I know using a VPN is legal. It would be against the terms of service for MLB.
Even if DISH simply turned on the RSN's for the games as Directv apparently does the ones for your market would not be turned on if you don't get a package with those RSNs.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I would settle for just being able to add Multi-Sport to Welcome Pack. Many of the games on the out-of-market RSNs go into extra innings, and the end of the game is not blacked out if it runs past the time slot allotted in the guide for it. :)

Your not going to get any MLB games with the multi sport pack unless it's a replay

Yes. as far as I know using a VPN is legal. It would be against the terms of service for MLB.
Even if DISH simply turned on the RSN's for the games as Directv apparently does the ones for your market would not be turned on if you don't get a package with those RSNs.

I don't care if a vpn is illegal or goes against the terms and conditions.

It's not a crime to watch a baseball game.

Good news if you had Extra Innings/MLB.tv for free through T-Mobile last year. If you're logged into your MLB.tv account with the same username/password you used last year, it's working now. I was able to watch all the spring training games tonight. Apparently they're giving it away free to T-Mobile customers again this year. Glad I kept my Tmobile account active after I switched to Verizon unlimited ;)

IMG_4757.PNG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)