dish move questions??

grizzly2c

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
pennsylvania
Hi, I have dish network installed in our cabin about 18 months ago and love it. Our cable bill at home is 53.00 just for basic. I kinda think I want to move my service home. I got an add in our newspaper with some special prices and thought lets do it. I called dish this morning and I cant get the special prices, I am not a new customer. Which is ok. I have 2 tv's at camp and 6 at home. They said it would be an extra 28.00 dollars per month over and above whichever package we choose. I cant do that. We kinda decided on the americas top 250, but till you add everything in it just isnt doable for us. 69.99+28.00 per month is 97.99. I just cant sell the wife on this.

I guess there is no way around the extra 28 dollars per month for the recievers?? I would even sign a longer contract??

Thanks In advance..

Well it depends how many different "independent" signals you want at home. You have 6 TVs, but how many do you need to be able to watch different stuff on? The Dish receivers can output a "mirrored" signal to multiple TVs and you use one of their UHF remotes to control the receiver from each room where it is mirrored.

I have 6 HDTV's at my home and We have one 722k, and 3 211's of various flavors. My extra receivers cost me $21 per month, plus $6 for DVR service on the 722k.

All my 211's have external hard drives making them solo DVRs.

The primary Receiver 's monthly fee is included in your programming package.

Secondary receiver fees are:
922 is $20 per month [dual output($14) plus DVR ($3) plus sling ($3)] plus DVR fee is $10 on first 922.
722k/722/622 is $17 per month [dual output ($14) plus DVR ($3)];
612 is $10 per month [single output ($7) plus DVR ($3)];
211 is $7 per month [single output ($7)].

722k connected via HDMI to Living room 57" HDTV and by coax RF to 34" Magnavox CRT type HDTV that my grand son watches mostly for Sponge Bob.
211 in my office connected to a Sony D-50 CRT projector and a 26" Sanyo LCD HDTV via a powered HDMI splitter.
211k in my daughters bedroom connected to her Sony Bravia 32" via component.
211 in master bedroom connected to 42" Panasonic plasma by HDMI.

If they weren't completely across the house from each other and need independent viewing the last two could be on the same receiver.

6 TV's can be handled by 3 622/722/722k receivers with each having its own discrete output, but the second output on all three will be SD.

These HD Duo DVR receivers are extremely flexible, in dual mode each HD tuner is tied directly to an output.

TVoutput1 has HDMI (HD), component (HD) and composite (SD) outputs as well as a link to the dual output agile RF modulator (SD).

TVoutput2 has a composite (SD) output as well as a link to the dual output agile RF modulator (SD).

The agile RF modulator is a high output type that can be split several times or run easily to secondary TV's outputting on two UHF or cable channels of your selection.

If you only have one HDTV and the rest are SD and you only need 2 descrete viewing options, a single 722k/722/622 could handle 6 TV's.

The system and be scaled up from there step by step, receiver by receiver to suit your needs, both TV wise and $$ wise.

Last edited:
What package and rec do you have now?

Move your account to your home address and add the new recs to your current account. Take 1 rec with you when you go to the cabin. $28 is less than $53

I have 6 HDTV's at my home and We have one 722k, and 3 211's of various flavors. My extra receivers cost me $21 per month, plus $6 for DVR service on the 722k.

All my 211's have external hard drives making them solo DVRs.

The primary Receiver 's monthly fee is included in your programming package.

Secondary receiver fees are:
922 is $20 per month [dual output($14) plus DVR ($3) plus sling ($3)] plus DVR fee is $10 on first 922.
722k/722/622 is $17 per month [dual output ($14) plus DVR ($3)];
612 is $10 per month [single output ($7) plus DVR ($3)];
211 is $7 per month [single output ($7)].
A secondary 922 is still $17/month. Look at page 2 of the agreement. http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/legal/DHA_Agreement.pdf

I would like to be of assistance to you on this!

First off, you could do a "snowbird" account and move the receivers between camp and home. Honestly, that would eliminate the cable bill of $53 and then the $28 would not be an issue (actually SAVING you $25). Just a thought.

Secondly, the other option would be to create a new account for home (to be separate of the camp). You would qualify for 'new customer' pricing as it is a different account. Depending on your programming, there may or may not be a whole lot of savings involved in this manner, unless you mirror TVs as others have suggested.

We can help though, so if you would like, PM a phone number or account number to myself, or my teammates, and we will look into all the options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts