dish moved in a huge wind storm

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tcpuccio1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
Lancaster, NY
Hi guys/gals been a long time since I have posted on here here is my question.
I have a oval DirecTv dish that has three heads on it. I have 5 receivers that run oiff it and my main one is a genie and I have a few other DVR receivers. and a slave to the genie. My dish is mounted on a 8X8 post in the ground and in a huge rain wind storm the pole must have shifted and I'm missing one or more satellites. which one do these receivers need.. before I got the genie I had great signals on 110 and 119 I think they don't need one of those now? but what about all the others 101 103 99 and their sub sets like (C) (CA) (s) etc. those don't have to have a strong a signal?
is there a list of what is and not needed? I know a few of them never had a signal???
Any input would be appreciated (Punn intended)
Thank you in advance.
Todd

Your correct, the Core programming (SD) is still on the 101 Sat, while thier HD stations reside on the 99 and 103 Sats ... I believe the 110 Sat is no longer used and the 119 does have some stuff on it, but most don't use it anymore. It has a few Locals on it as well as more music than what is already available on the other Sats.

You want to point at the 101 Sat and fine tune if needed the 99 and 103.

what do you mean by the last part? fine tune 101 and it should pull in the 2 better?
Thank you again
Get the 101 Sat the best you can and then check your 99 and 103 Sats, if they fell in place and have good signal, great, if not dither using the fine tuning as needed.

Get the 101 Sat the best you can and then check your 99 and 103 Sats, if they fell in place and have good signal, great, if not dither using the fine tuning as needed.
for the record the dish is a slimline 5s SWM

Ok got it. I reset my Genie and it seems ok now with out touching the dish. my older dvr receivers are not happy I get a error 43-218 missing signal error when I run a system test.
here are my signal's
119 96%
110 74%
101 92%
103 (cb) 86%
103 (ca) 84%
103 (s) 0%
99(s) 0%
99(cb) 74%
99(ca) 72%

other then the 2 sub sets at 0% they all look decent it's really overcast here today what is missing before I try to screw around with it.
thank you again for the reply(s)

Ok got it. I reset my Genie and it seems ok now with out touching the dish. my older dvr receivers are not happy I get a error 43-218 missing signal error when I run a system test.
here are my signal's
119 96%
110 74%
101 92%
103 (cb) 86%
103 (ca) 84%
103 (s) 0%
99(s) 0%
99(cb) 74%
99(ca) 72%

other then the 2 sub sets at 0% they all look decent it's really overcast here today what is missing before I try to screw around with it.
If ya wanna look at them closer, use the other scale where it shows all the transponders.

I think you should be getting something on the 99 and 103s stas, but most will be low, the few High ones will be ones that you actually use, the rest are looking elsewhere.

Where do your locals come from ?

Look and see what you have on the 103 Sat, Tr 21

not sure which ones my locals are on. I live out side of Buffalo NY. was having issues with espn and NFL network during the wind storm and after. was trying to watch the Thursday night NFL game the Bills were on :) I'll look further.
can you make the dish lock in on a different transponder and keep it there?

Todd

not sure which ones my locals are on. I live out side of Buffalo NY. was having issues with espn and NFL network during the wind storm and after. was trying to watch the Thursday night NFL game the Bills were on :) I'll look further.

Todd
103 Sat tr 21 is where your locals are.

Todd
the dish (reflector) is made in such a way that once is aligned properly all satellites will fall into place. There is no way to cherry pick which satellite or transponder you want

here are my signal's
119 96%
110 74%
101 92%
103 (cb) 86%
103 (ca) 84%
103 (s) 0%
99(s) 0%
99(cb) 74%
99(ca) 72%

Those numbers don't tell you much, except that the 99 sats are too low. And as posted you need to look at all the individual transponders on each sat, not just one signal.
For a properly aligned dish, 101 transponders should all be in the high 90s or even 100 (except a few spotbeams which carry locals not pointed at you). Same for 119. 103ca, 103cb, 99ca and 99cb should generally be in the low to mid 90s.
99s and 103s carry locals via spotbeams. "Your" spotbeam, which jimbo posted was 103s tp21, should be at or close to 100. The other 99s/103s transponders can be anything from 90s to zero, they are not pointed at you and carry locals for other citiies.
You need to go back to aligning on 101 and get the signals closer to 100, as a start. That should also improve your 99ca/cab and 103ca/cb signals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)