Dish Mover confusion

treiher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
It turns out I have to move from Austin to Phoenix and just confirmed my move for the first week of December. I thought I would be proactive and go ahead and set up the Dish Mover well ahead of time and make sure I get a decent install date for right after we move into our new house. So I called, got right through, they were very helpful, set the date & time for Dec. 11, confirmed new address, and all that. Then about an hour later, I see that my locals are gone and all our recievers are on Arizona time! I called back and they tell me that scheduling the Dish Mover well in advance is a good idea, but their system only allows them to to do this by chaning my configuration to the new address right away. The only way to keep my Austin settings until we move is not schedule Dish Mover until the day we move. But then they don't recommend that because I might not get the install date I want.

Does this make sense? They have this elaborate Dish Mover program, but can't even handle a simple thing like transition date for your local settings? I was thinking of calling back to try again -- I've had my local settings set back to Austin but had to cancel the Dish Mover to do it. I'm just a little dismayed by all this. Has anyone else had a better experience with Dish Mover?

It never hurts to call a different CSR and try again.

What was the fee to do the Dish mover?

Yeah, I thought I would try again. Just curious if anyone got this to work the way i think it should. Regarding the fee, they said no charge. I didn't think much about that, but now you have me wondering. Do they normally charge for this? Charge me for the privilege of keeping my business?

Standard Dish Mover is $99. It can be waived or bargained dependant on how long you've been with DISH, how good of a customer you are, etc, but if you push for the cost to be waived, you'll usually set yourself up to pay so be aware of that.

As for the relocation issue, that's semi-true. The work order will be created for a future date and your system might be trying to update. What it means is the CSR adjusted your account to the new address ahead of schedule, which I would suspect is what caused that. If the address had been noted on the account but not changed in their systems, the work order could have been created and should have stayed on Texas time until the move occured. But go fig.

Unless I'm wrong they still waive the $99 dishmove fee if you sign another 12-18 month contract or sign up for Credit Card auto pay. Most people sign another contract to get it for free figuring they will be watching tv for another year anyway.

Hammerdown. GRAB THAT LNB!!!!
Dishes are left behind when people move, go scarf that LNB up before it's too late... what happens is they NEVER know! the equitment is left behind in the anticipation that the new owners/tenants will consider dish net. Most of the time they ask you to take along the LNB, but just say you didn't know how... if it's a pro plus them r usaually around 50 bucks...So, on the day, or day before, you move get a phillips screwdriver and some wire cutters!!!!
The CSR who shut off your locals is an idiot... the proggramming should not change, until you move into your new address and the tech closes his work order... whoever told you that line of crap, you shoulda got there operator I.D. and reported them,, they shouldn't have messed a bit with your programming!!!!!
Always ask a CSR for there op ID.....

Try calling an Austin local retailer to schedule the move with them. Some retailers don't like to do moves for customers that weren't their original sale, but they can do it. Retailers may waive the fee, if any, but that's purely dependant on the retailer. If you bring your current dish configuration with you minus the mast(s), including any switches, adapters, separators, etc, most retailers are more likely to waive any fee. After all, Dish will reimburse them for it, even if they don't use it.

once you set up the movers program the system will automatically update the address for the workorder for the new management area so no use on calling to dishnet to make that change. $ sol $

Absolute best thing is to locate and call a authorized Dish Network Dealer in the city you are moving to, and have them set up your dish mover. They will need only your last name and 16 digit DNW account #. If your are on DHPP the mover will be free. If you aren't on DHPP call dish and get on it @ $5.99 per month. Just have the retailer schedule it within a 2 or 3 day window of when your will actually be there in possession of the house and with your tv's & receivers, then call them when you get to town.

It turns out I have to move from Austin to Phoenix and just confirmed my move for the first week of December. I thought I would be proactive and go ahead and set up the Dish Mover well ahead of time and make sure I get a decent install date for right after we move into our new house. So I called, got right through, they were very helpful, set the date & time for Dec. 11, confirmed new address, and all that. Then about an hour later, I see that my locals are gone and all our recievers are on Arizona time! I called back and they tell me that scheduling the Dish Mover well in advance is a good idea, but their system only allows them to to do this by chaning my configuration to the new address right away. The only way to keep my Austin settings until we move is not schedule Dish Mover until the day we move. But then they don't recommend that because I might not get the install date I want.

Does this make sense? They have this elaborate Dish Mover program, but can't even handle a simple thing like transition date for your local settings? I was thinking of calling back to try again -- I've had my local settings set back to Austin but had to cancel the Dish Mover to do it. I'm just a little dismayed by all this. Has anyone else had a better experience with Dish Mover?
Yeah it does....But most people wait until they have started apcking thier stuff up for the actual move..You'll get a convenient date for the new install....Cancel your appointment and wait till about a week before you move, then call in the mover..

If I'm not mistaken, whenever I do a dishmover install, even for when people move in from a different state, as soon as I run checkswitch and it acquire's signal the locals are already on before I call anyone to close out the workorder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts