Dish Mover - Help negotiating on a move.

chikagobnd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
lynchburg, va
Alright, so I'm moving out of my apartment and into a new home at the end of the month. I was absolutely going to make the switch to D* so I could receive MLBEI...but after reading about D*'s lack of keeping up with new HD and the prospects of them not getting much better on that front, I am more inclined to stick with E*, even though I can't stand the thought of another baseball season without the EI package. But anyways, since I currently live in an apartment building that is exclusively wired for E*, I'm on a commercial account. So once I move into my new home, I will be a strictly residential customer. I'm just wondering what kind of negotiating I should attempt with E* to stick with them and use Dish Mover. I currently have Classic Silver + Silver HD(or whatever its called today), Cinemax for a penny, and (2) VIP 211's with EHD's hooked up. Would I be better off asking for a 722K and pay the extra DVR fee per month, or just stick with the 211's with no fee? The only thing I don't like about my 211's are no VOD...outside of that, I don't see any benefit to "upgrading" my boxes, but that's what I'm asking...would switching be worth it? And any opinions/experiences on negotiating a better monthly price to stay with E* would be appreciated.

I didn't think the "Dish Mover" package had anything to do with receivers, in fact, I suspect you don't even qualify for "Dish Mover".

What did they offer you or suggest when you called and asked ? Heh, their "standard" offer may be more than sufficient to you.

Well, on the site, it says if you use DishMover, you can upgrade to an HD receiver or DVR for free...so I guess it probably wouldn't be a 722...probably just a Solo. And why do you think I wouldn't qualify for Dish Mover? If I don't qualify, then would that mean I would be eligible for "new customer" offers?

You would probably get the best deal with a third party. One installer I spoke with said his company offers the same free install and equipment offers as Dish, but they throw in an iPod or DVD player. An added bonus of going through a third party is that they will install the dish where you tell them to, so that it could be mounted out of sight. It might be worth checking your options.

Dish mover only applies if you have receivers under contract. That is, an outstanding contractual commitment.

You would probably get the best deal with a third party. One installer I spoke with said his company offers the same free install and equipment offers as Dish, but they throw in an iPod or DVD player. An added bonus of going through a third party is that they will install the dish where you tell them to, so that it could be mounted out of sight. It might be worth checking your options.

Dish mover only applies if you have receivers under contract. That is, an outstanding contractual commitment.

Ah, I see...yeah, I own my receivers, so I guess that wouldn't apply to me. I will call them later on, but it sounds like from what I'm hearing that I can basically shop as a new customer.

Spoke with a Dish rep...they told me I would be treated as a new customer and will be eligible for all new customer offers when I move to the new home...works for me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts