Dish mover question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rjc3895

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Sep 28, 2004
I purchased the Fortec 240cm c-band dish from Sadoun. It should be arriving any day. The dish is a ground mount. Is there a universal polar mount or H to H mount that can be fitted for this dish? Where can I purchase a mount? Most of my searches show the polar mount being sold with the dish.

Can't find H to H polar mounts anymore. At least nobody makes them that I know of. You might get lucky and come across one in someones back yard. Either way, you'll have to fit it or a typical polar mount to your new dish. A normal polar mount will have to be used for either the western arc or the eastern arc.

Al

Edit: Mike Kohl at Global Communications came across some AJAX polar mounts awhile back. He may have some left. He told me they wouldn't be stronge enough for an 8' solid dish, the weight would be to much for them.

Last edited:
voomvoom said:
Can't find H to H polar mounts anymore. At least nobody makes them that I know of. You might get lucky and come across one in someones back yard. Either way, you'll have to fit it or a typical polar mount to your new dish. A normal polar mount will have to be used for either the western arc or the eastern arc.

Al

Edit: Mike Kohl at Global Communications came across some AJAX polar mounts awhile back. He may have some left. He told me they wouldn't be stronge enough for an 8' solid dish, the weight would be to much for them.

Well, I stumbled across this site: http://www.jaeger.com.tw/tvro/superjack/mount_superjack.htm

This company is based out of Taiwan but has a US distributor (www.bpigroup.com) in California. There are two models - SMR-1224 / SMR-1224EL the 1224 is H to H and the 1224EL has a linear actautor.

The SMR-1224 looks just like the AJAX (Patriot) H-H motor. I hope it will support more weight for a larger dish than the AJAX, which only supports up to 7 1/2'-8' mesh dishes and smaller solid dishes.

Al

voomvoom said:
The SMR-1224 looks just like the AJAX (Patriot) H-H motor. I hope it will support more weight for a larger dish than the AJAX, which only supports up to 7 1/2'-8' mesh dishes and smaller solid dishes.

Al

Let me know what you find out about this. I have not sent any emails yet. I hope it can support the 240 CM dish.

Update on Jaegar H-H motor....

rjc3895, I didn't receiver a reply from my email attempts. So I called the number for the company listed in Marieta,Ga. ( the # listed, by the way, is wrong, there is no 771 in the metro Atlanta or Georgia for that matter, it's 770). The guy I talked to said they don't have any and if he ordered them, it would have to be a substantial amount in #'s. I couldn't get that amount out of him. He didn't seem to interested and quickly said he was sorry.
rjc3895 said:
This company is based out of Taiwan but has a US distributor (www.bpigroup.com) in California. There are two models - SMR-1224 / SMR-1224EL the 1224 is H to H and the 1224EL has a linear actautor.
So, I tried this link above and it (the website) is for sell. The only alternative,I can see, is to try an overseas supplyer. Not sure if I want to do that.

Al

Edit: more info, I noticed on the Jaegar website that it suggest it will support up to a 2.4 meter prime focus or offset dish. Didn't notice that before. Maybe one of our sponsers would consider becoming a dealer for these products.

Last edited:
rjc3895 said:
I purchased the Fortec 240cm c-band dish from Sadoun. It should be arriving any day. The dish is a ground mount. Is there a universal polar mount or H to H mount that can be fitted for this dish? Where can I purchase a mount? Most of my searches show the polar mount being sold with the dish.

I am not sure that you will find a H-H or polar mount for that dish, my buddy was going to get a 240cm dish with polar mount but he found a free dish local so he did not get it, I am not to fond of Fortec dishes myself, I replaced my own fortec 1.2 meter with a Patriot 1.1 meter and get better reception.

voomvoom said:
rjc3895, I didn't receiver a reply from my email attempts. So I called the number for the company listed in Marieta,Ga. ( the # listed, by the way, is wrong, there is no 771 in the metro Atlanta or Georgia for that matter, it's 770). The guy I talked to said they don't have any and if he ordered them, it would have to be a substantial amount in #'s. I couldn't get that amount out of him. He didn't seem to interested and quickly said he was sorry.

So, I tried this link above and it (the website) is for sell. The only alternative,I can see, is to try an overseas supplyer. Not sure if I want to do that.

Al

Edit: more info, I noticed on the Jaegar website that it suggest it will support up to a 2.4 meter prime focus or offset dish. Didn't notice that before. Maybe one of our sponsers would consider becoming a dealer for these products.

The website has been changed to http://www.eagleaspen.com/

I just sent an email to the Taiwan office. After looking at the U.S distributor's website , I realized that they are not a retailer. They are a distribution center. That is why they require the purchase of a significant number of these mounts.

My hope is that I will get some good news from the Taiwan distrubutor telling me that this mount will support the Fortec dish. If it supports the dish, perhaps we can get a sponsor to place an order. The key, of course will be price.

tdti1 said:
I am not sure that you will find a H-H or polar mount for that dish, my buddy was going to get a 240cm dish with polar mount but he found a free dish local so he did not get it, I am not to fond of Fortec dishes myself, I replaced my own fortec 1.2 meter with a Patriot 1.1 meter and get better reception.

Sadon's Ebay description states:
C/Ku compatible dish. Does not come with Ku or C-LNBF. You will need buy a mount and actuator so your dish can move East/west following the arc. You can use it as a fixed dish as well.

This leads me to believe that it is possible, but it's hard finding a polar mount. Most dishes come with the polar mount installed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)