Dish Mover

ecarl4100

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
Tennessee
Does anyone know how much Dish Mover service costs? Trying to decide if I should take my dish, or let them put up a new one at new apt.

Depends on when you got signed on with dish and what programming package you have, theres a good possibility it will be free.

The cost of DISH Mover is $99. If you are covered by the Digital Home Protection Plan then the the move is free. DHPP provides for one free move per year. The cost for DHPP is $5.99 per month. There are no commitment terms for DHPP so you can drop the coverage at any time if you catch my drfit...

The last thing you want to do is cancel your DISH service, make a move to a new place, and then try to sign up again two weeks later. DISH will not allow you to sign up as a "new" customer if you try this.

If you are leasing from DISH under DHA you may already have DHPP included. For a definitive answer call DISH and speak to several CSRs then take the majority of answers as the fact.

Last edited:
Just call Dish. I moved about a year ago, and it was free since I had credit card auto-pay. I think I just had to commit to an additional 12 months, if that much. Their only caveat was I had to have the receivers and televisions available at the time they did the install. Originally, I'd wanted the install done before all the furniture was moved in, so it would be easier to run cableing under the carpets. As it turned out, all the wall plates ened up near the TV's, anyway.

Was free for me. I was somehow labeled in their systems as a "good" customer so they set me up with a new Dish outside and ran wiring from the roof down to the service box in my downstairs closet and connected up my receivers. Did not have to even sign up for CC autopay. Did have to stay with them for 12 months.

Free for me but poor installation

I have the Dish Home Protection Plan as well so the move was free, and I trusted them and didn't pay any attention to what they were doing. I had no reason to look at anything until my remote problems began and I'm now seeing they poorly installed this system. They have splitters and extender cables and other mess, it's uncessary.

At my old address there were two cables one for sat1 and one for sat2 coming out of the receiver that went to my satellite. And they had two cables one goint o tv1, one running upstairs to tv2. Now they have 2 cables coming out of sat1&2 and then going into a splitter and one cable coming out of that, which goes into another splitter that also intakes a third cable from the receiver from the tv2 output and then there is one cord coming from all that, down into my basement where the satellite cable comes into the house and then is split, so my other receiver a 322 can get signal, along with the 522, then the outtake from that splitter goes into the basement bedroom for TV2. It's a mess. But it's been working and it was free, but we're thinking of upgrading to a 4th tv, and I have no idea how that would be done.

vladzver said:
I have the Dish Home Protection Plan as well so the move was free, and I trusted them and didn't pay any attention to what they were doing. I had no reason to look at anything until my remote problems began and I'm now seeing they poorly installed this system. They have splitters and extender cables and other mess, it's uncessary.

At my old address there were two cables one for sat1 and one for sat2 coming out of the receiver that went to my satellite. And they had two cables one goint o tv1, one running upstairs to tv2. Now they have 2 cables coming out of sat1&2 and then going into a splitter and one cable coming out of that, which goes into another splitter that also intakes a third cable from the receiver from the tv2 output and then there is one cord coming from all that, down into my basement where the satellite cable comes into the house and then is split, so my other receiver a 322 can get signal, along with the 522, then the outtake from that splitter goes into the basement bedroom for TV2. It's a mess. But it's been working and it was free, but we're thinking of upgrading to a 4th tv, and I have no idea how that would be done.

Those arent splitters, one of the two at the receiver is called a diplexor with one port saying in/out, another that says sat, and the last says uhf/vhf, the second one is a seperator with one port saying in and the others saying sat1 and sat1, if you had looked at these devices closely you would have seen this bit of info, the so called splitter in the basement is the second diplexor that the first needs.

The diplexors allow the technician to effectively carry the DBS signal and the A/V signal from any receiver down a single line instead of them having to drill up to 3 holes in your floor or wall to run the cables unless you want to have alot of holes in your house. The seperator is a true splitter that can only be used with dual tuners, what it does is take the dbs signal and split it along with the voltage the receiver uses in the system.

Basicly the technicians did the wiring right and your observation is wrong because you didnt know about the tools and equipment that are used by the technicians to accomplish better installs and cleaner installs such as minimizing the amount of holes and cabling that needs to be run wich results in a cleaner looking system. If you really want to have all the cables run as they were at your old home then call up to dish and ask them to come out and reinstall your system, this will be a $99 charge as your system is working as it should. As for your remote issue first try reaching back and making sure the antenna is secure, if it is and your still having this issue then the next step is to get a 10 foot length of rg-6 premade coax from radioshack along with a double ended female coax splice connection wich is also called a barrel. Remove the antenna and atach one end to the antenna's port, at the other end put the barrel and then the antenna and move the antenna around a bit to where your remote works. Also make sure the antenna is in the right port on the back of the receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)