dish moving question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jlvideo

Original poster
Jun 21, 2005
i moved from mn to wi last week and had my dish account suspended until i get it up and going. i don't want to loose my mpls locals(for vikings,twins,wild,t-wolves,etc). If i hook the dish my self and probably on a poll(and need to know to do it)i can still keep my locals with a diff adress,but with a dish mover to come over will i automatically loose my locals for locals in wi? Any advice would help,jlvideo

jlvideo said:
i moved from mn to wi last week and had my dish account suspended until i get it up and going. i don't want to loose my mpls locals(for vikings,twins,wild,t-wolves,etc). If i hook the dish my self and probably on a poll(and need to know to do it)i can still keep my locals with a diff adress,but with a dish mover to come over will i automatically loose my locals for locals in wi? Any advice would help,jlvideo

Where in WI are you?

jlvideo said:
i am in hartford,wi and they have the milwaukee locals from charter

Unfortunately you could not get the Twin Cities locals even if you wanted to from that side of WI. The locals are on a spotbeam and do not reach that side of WI at all. You would be able to subscribe to the Twin Cities locals and get CBS, ABC, NBC and Fox HD signals because the HD channels are conus but you would need a dish pointed at the 129 slot. But as far as the SD locals from the Twin Cities it can't be done.

moving

What if i have a different addree than my billing. it would work. I know people who have it done. I have the locals mainly for the sports. As you know dish doesn't have nfl sunday ticket. So i have them for:Vikings,Wild,Twins,Timberwolves,Gophers sports. So what iam asking to have is no different than any other person on these boards do as well. I didn't say it was ethical,but i am missing my mn sports.

It has nothing to do with ethics. The spotbeam from the satellite that carries those locals does not reach your new location. Now if you have an HD receiver you could get the 4 major networks in HD from your old city because they are on a different satellite that sends its signal to the entire US.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)