Dish N' It Up Soon Gone?

sA :: Shaggy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
5701 S Santa Fe Dr
I just called today to find out how much it would cost in order to upgrade to a 522/625. and the CSR told me that Dish N' It Up will be ending at the end of this month becuase of all the Mpeg4 switches. Does anyone know what types of deals they will be giving out for us :river NON-HD :river users?

Quit going to CSR's.... Go to tech. I got hold of a CSR tonight who had no idea what a DPP44 was... My mistake..

Had a csr ask me one time why I did not have a dish on my truck to receive 4 orbital locations 105, 110, 119, 121. I kindly explained they did not make one and then hung up.

as a tech we got print out from dish about up coming 622. and it is saying that there will be DISH'N It Up HD promotion.

The Tate said:
Had a csr ask me one time why I did not have a dish on my truck to receive 4 orbital locations 105, 110, 119, 121. I kindly explained they did not make one and then hung up.

Either that or there is something that they know about and we don't. Don't take what I said seriously.

webbydude said:
From what I understand, Dish N' It Up will change. It will require an 18 month commitment instead of the 12 months. That's really the only change I know about.
Y, dish needs to start treating their existicng cutomers w/ a little bit more respect. leave it at 12mo or 6mo. but 18 damn. I think dish is the only thing im still under contract with. I hate being under contracts.

18 months is too long, because it means you are supposed to know your situation 18 months ahead of time. Anyone leasing a property only really knows their situation 12 monhts ahead, at least for the first year. It's not like a cell phone that you can always take with you...

iKramerica said:
18 months is too long, because it means you are supposed to know your situation 18 months ahead of time. Anyone leasing a property only really knows their situation 12 monhts ahead, at least for the first year. It's not like a cell phone that you can always take with you...

iKramerica,

Really, Dish is something that travels quite well. I use Dish at my boat, and at my home. I could sell my Home and take my Dish and Receivers with me and they would work as long as I stay ANYWHERE within the Continental US or lower Canada.

John

Does any one know if Dish will allow customers to lease more than one 622? Is it possible to lease a 622 (additional receiver) and then use the Dish'n It Up HD program to upgrade the 942-->622? I get the feeling the answer is no, but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts