Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK® NAMED OFFICIAL HIGH DEFINITION SATELLITE TELEVISION SERVICE PROVIDER FOR 2008 DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION

High Definition Feeds Bring Viewers Inside Convention

Dedicated Satellite Channel to Provide Gavel-to-Gavel Convention Coverage

DENVER – Continuing its efforts to bring communities across the country new and innovative ways to experience the Convention, the Democratic National Convention Committee (DNCC) today named Denver-based DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) as the Official High Definition Satellite Television Service Provider of the 2008 Democratic National Convention, to be held August 25-28 in Denver.

In that role, DISH Network will bring live satellite video feeds into the Convention hall from off-site locations across the country. DISH Network will also offer uninterrupted, unedited live satellite Convention coverage to approximately 13.79 million subscribers across country, available on DISH Network Ch. 211. In addition, DISH Network’s video feed will be broadcast in HD on television monitors throughout Convention venues and will be made available via satellite to television stations for downlink across the country and around the world.

“When we set out to make this Convention more inclusive and accessible than ever before, we wanted to do more than get our message out – we wanted to bring the voices of American people into the process, and DISH Network will help us to do just that,” said Brook Colangelo, Director of Technology for the DNCC. “Whether from inside the Convention hall, at watch parties in communities across the country, or from the comfort of their living room, DISH Network’s technology and services will enhance the Convention experience for everyone who’s tuning in.”

“As a leader in digital television and high definition television, DISH Network is proud to be the Official High Definition Satellite Television Service Provider of the 2008 Democratic National Convention, and excited to assist in hosting a successful Convention here in our hometown,” said Charlie Ergen, Chairman, CEO and President of DISH Network. “We are pleased to bring the many voices of Americans into the Convention live utilizing our industry-leading technology to provide end-to-end HD broadcasts.”

DISH Network, the nation’s third largest pay-TV provider, is headquartered in south Denver and contributed to bringing the DNCC to Colorado, as well as providing a variety of HD video and production services during the Convention, including industry-leading HD DVR technology.

Didn't Charlie hear that Hillary did not win the nominee??

I have to ask. Will he do this at the Republican Convention as well?? Or is he going to say that it is a convenience for it to be in his home town.

So what does this even mean for us as subscribers? Will we be seeing more HD coverage than what we will already be getting on ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CNN, PBS, etc. in HD? I am sure they are going to show us as much of Obama's coronation as possible.

I just realized I am going to be in Omaha that week, with a plane change in Denver. I sure hope I don't get delayed at the airport because of all this.

Apparently according to the uplink report it looks like the answer is crappy SD, oh well.

Doesn't NASCAR have a Dish Network car? And yet, no Speed HD.

Official sponsor or provider means nothing for us.

(D) or (R), we are all just useful idiots for their millionaire/billionaire games while the media sychophants dance to their tunes.

No political talk!!!

Uh, the Topic Subject is political talk. :D

Probably Scott should have locked the thread after posting the info. :)

PS The Convention follows the Olympics, so there will be two HD slots open that were the Olympics Soccer Channel and Olympics Basketball Channel.

I would expect to see a map-down of an HD version to the same 211 channel number.

Nothing wrong with politics. After all business is all politics and I am sure Dish has plenty of it. Will it be Obama-lite? Biillary-lite? I'm also curious however as to whether or not any of the providers are bidding for the Republican convention. McCain in HD? Even HD-lite? Ugh.