Dish needs to fix the everything pack, being charged extra for the sports channel.

rusty813

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
Hawaii
I subscribe to 20 rsn feeds, but also if you go take a look at the everything pack it includes nba, nfl, and mlb, and so on. The sports pack includes these channels as well, so they need to adjust the price for just the rsn feeds. I am surprise nothing has been done about this.

The everything pack does not include everything.

While it includes MLB TV, NHL TV, NFL Network and NBA TV it does not include all 20 or the RSN's. Those are seperate. Also note that depending where you are most of the pro sports on the RSN's will be blacked out.

I've said for quite sometime,they need to rename the (everything package) AT250 plus premiums would be more accurate.

Yes the everything pack does include it, if you go here http://www.mydish.com/upgrades/english-packages/americas-everything-pak/?WT.svl=aep-button and just check sports, it will show those same channels included in the sports pack as well. The only thing not included is the extra rsn feeds. I attached an image of it below. For people like me who subscribe to it, we are paying double the price. If you don't subscribe to a package which which includes the sports pack then, and sub to the sports pack then you are not paying double the price.

We are being charged extra for 8 channels, which includes nba, nfl, mlb, nhl, big ten network, pac-12 network, and bein sports 1 & 2.

ouxzx3.jpg

Last edited:
Yes the everything pack does include it, if you go here http://www.mydish.com/upgrades/english-packages/americas-everything-pak/?WT.svl=aep-button and just check sports, it will show those same channels included in the sports pack as well. The only thing not included is the extra rsn feeds. I attached an image of it below. For people like me who subscribe to it, we are paying double the price. If you don't subscribe to a package which which includes the sports pack then, and sub to the sports pack then you are not paying double the price.

View attachment 96726

Why not drop the sports pack then.

I watch the rsn on it, but I am saying they need to adjust the price according to the package, before it used to be $5 now its $12. Its still cheating their consumers, and I find it wrong for a company to do that.

The everything pack does not include all of the regional sports channels, just your regional sports channels. It's not different than the Top 200 or Top 250. You need to pay for the Multi-Sports pack in order to get all the regional sports channels.

I've said for quite sometime,they need to rename the (everything package) AT250 plus premiums would be more accurate.

I agree. It is completely stupid to offer something called the everything package that does not include everything. Call it platinum package, ultimate movie package, or even super-duper package. Basically call it anything besides the everything package. I think that's a completely misleading title that could easily be fixed.

One of the oddities with Dish is the AEP + Multi-sports pack. If you choose that the retail is $135.99

With DirecTV, Premier includes their sports pack as well as all the premium movie channels at $129.99

For those that want it all, Dish is more expensive in the subscription and more expensive in equipment costs. That is quite a change from the perception of Dish being cheaper.

Dish probably should change the everything pack to include the multi-sports pack and BB package. Yes, it would be more expensive, but at least it would be accurate.

One of the oddities with Dish is the AEP + Multi-sports pack. If you choose that the retail is $135.99

With DirecTV, Premier includes their sports pack as well as all the premium movie channels at $129.99

For those that want it all, Dish is more expensive in the subscription and more expensive in equipment costs. That is quite a change from the perception of Dish being cheaper.

One example does not mean DISH isn't less expensive for most people. Most of us have often said those that need many TV's may pay more with DISH. I also am not sure the Direct TV sports pack compares to the DISH.

This discussion is hinged upon the word "everything" in a package name.....really? Best thing Dish could do is just rename the package "Bob, or Fred". But probably then somebody will complain that it infringes on Bob or Fred and threats would ensue from the Bob's and Fred's to go to Directv.

But probably then somebody will complain that it infringes on Bob or Fred and threats would ensue from the Bob's and Fred's to go to Directv.
Then again, DIRECTV is probably getting the stink-eye from certain heads of state about DIRECTV's top-level programming package sharing their title... ;)

I guess I misunderstood the original question. I thought the OP was noting that he is paying twice for some channels, they are both in his sports pac and in the AEP, and that because he has AEP he should get a discount on the sports pac, because he is already paying for 5-6 channels in it - double dipping.

That is his complaint. It's his choice to get or not get the Sports package so if he feels the value isn't there that's for him to decide. I will add some of those are also in the Top200.....

I guess I misunderstood the original question. I thought the OP was noting that he is paying twice for some channels, they are both in his sports pac and in the AEP, and that because he has AEP he should get a discount on the sports pac, because he is already paying for 5-6 channels in it - double dipping.
Ah but then it comes down to the customers ability to choose. Am I correct a customer could have the lowest programming package and add the sports package? If so then the customer has full control of what he wants using choice of a main package and whatever additional packages he/she may want. Now not being a sports fan of any measure, does the AEP have every channel offered in the sports package? If it does then the customer needs to just cancel the sports package. Now if the sports package has more channels than offered in AEP, then the customer still has the choice to add in the sports package if there is a "gotta have" channel in there for them.

I am paying $155 altogether per month with 3 superstations, national pbs, and sports pac. I just have one hopper with sling.

Break down what would bring you to $155. $80 Top250 $11 Sports Pack, Maybe $6 three supers and PBS. Under $100. How does the Whole home fee and taxes add nearly $60? And what is the connection to some channels being in the Top250 that are in the Sports pack?