Dish Net E mail that RV waivers will be Okay!!!

bearpaw

Original poster
Nov 3, 2006
Here's an email reply I had today from DISH NET about RV waivers. I had written to ask if they were going to keep some distants on CONUS.

And their reply made me ask the following clarification question

Part of my question;

"Does your reply mean that those of us with RV waivers will keep our two
distant nets??
I thought those are being turned off also".

Copied Email reply from Dish Net today;

"Yes! Those of you who signed the RV declaration form are entitled to keep 2 distant networks via you camper when you travel from state to state. We fought very hard for that decision. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks for your time!

Frank Barcia Executive Communications/CEO Dish Network"

I'm still calling Congress on Monday and Tuesday next week when they back on the hill- not assuming anything at this point. Also been looking at Star Choice if things go belly up.

Here's an email reply I had today from DISH NET about RV waivers. I had written to ask if they were going to keep some distants on CONUS.

And their reply made me ask the following clarification question

Part of my question;

"Does your reply mean that those of us with RV waivers will keep our two
distant nets??
I thought those are being turned off also".

Copied Email reply from Dish Net today;

"Yes! Those of you who signed the RV declaration form are entitled to keep 2 distant networks via you camper when you travel from state to state. We fought very hard for that decision. Let me know if you have any more questions.
Thanks for your time!

Frank Barcia Executive Communications/CEO Dish Network"

I'm still calling Congress on Monday and Tuesday next week when they back on the hill- not assuming anything at this point. Also been looking at Star Choice if things go belly up.

I wonder after Dec1 if there is going to be an equipment supply problem with the Canadian satellite providers?
Something that members here should keep in mind if contemplating purchasing Canadian equipment.

It would appear from your reply about RV's and DNS continuing that some of our members have been wrong in reguard to the court ruling. :up

There was talk about this on the earnings call yesterday. Charlie said most people with RV's have not submitted their documentation because they already had the distant networks so they figured why bother submitting the RV info, most of those folks will lose their distants.

If you have an RV get your paperwork in!

Just faxed my info in this morning. We will see.........

What a world we live in where one has to jump through loophole after loophole just to watch TV.

Clancy said:
It would appear from your reply about RV's and DNS continuing that some of our members have been wrong in reguard to the court ruling.
I could also say that Dish Network may be incorrect. Sure, they can interpret that the RV/Trucker waivers will be valid, but I truly doubt it.

Scott,
The question I would like to have you answer is in regard to if they will keep the distants on conus or if they will move the NYC and LA feeds to Spots? There are some people who sub from out of country (canada, mexico carribean etc) that would then be left with no networks period ;0 (I realise this is not exactly a main concern of Dish's, but I would like to ask the question anyways) do you have any info on this?

-B

I'm questioning their interpretation of this RV thing to. But I've got an RV so I sent in the waiver. Whom am I to argue. Let the NAB take E* back to court. If history is any indicator, I'll have 8 more years of DNS. :)

I was 'tasked' by E* to update my RV Waiver about 2 months ago (before all this flak started about DNS being turned off) since it had been over 2 years since the last time I sent it in...

And given that D* still offers RV Waiver for DNS, I don't see why E* wouldn't be granted the same ability. I'm sure there are a bunch of Nascar Drivers and Fans that travel around in their RV's with Satellite feeds that would be the first to complain to a) D* or E* and b) their politicians if they lost their DNS....

Just my 2¢ worth.

The text of the email from DISH about RV waivers sounds like it was written when they thought the settlement would be approved "... we fought for this provision... ". My guess is that the CSRs are just pulling up that response from their customer issue response system, and that RV waivers are not an exception to the Distant shutoff.

I had sent the email to the CEO address and the response was from

"Frank Barcia Executive Communications/CEO Dish Network"

so hoping that is an indication that it is from a knowledgable level of CSR.

Again assume nothing and call congress is still my plan. The law needs to be updated and rewritten for everyones peace of mind.

Question for those of you with "RV waivers". If I send one to Dish, when I am not on the road ;) ;) does it create problems if my phone cord is plugged in? I'd like to keep the caller id is the reason I am asking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts