Dish Network 121 Satellite

rangers00 said:
I have a Ku dish, Ku linear LNB and a DMT-1050 (FTA) receiver. There is an unencrypted Chinese channel on Echostar 121, that's why I am trying to lock the signal on that bird.

Does the LNB say 11.7-12.2Ghz or 12.2-12.7Ghz? It must be 11.7-12.2 for the 121.

librajak said:
No seperate dish can be added to existing dishpro500 to get 105 or 121 except superdish which is basically a dishpro500 + FSS stacked LNB. Only Legacy dish 500 can be joined by sw64 with a 30' "big" dish with standard FSS LNB to get 105 or 121.

Did I miss anything here?

You CAN use a legacy FSS LNB with a DP in only 1 instance. The FSS LNB Cannot be VOLTAGE switched, and you will only get the odds. A dual P* LNB is a good choice since the H and V are on sperate lines, it doesn't matter how much voltage they get. However, the evens ARE unavailable in this setup.

larrystotler said:
Does the LNB say 11.7-12.2Ghz or 12.2-12.7Ghz? It must be 11.7-12.2 for the 121.

It's a Ku LNBF that I've used for years to get Telstar 5, SatMex 5, G10R, etc. I am very good at getting Ku signals. Locked the SatMex5 signals for the Chinese channels in less than 5 seconds. Echostar 121 is the one that's killing me...

larrystotler said:
Ku FSS or Ku DBS? SatMex 5 is FSS, and you should be able to get the 121. It's a 140W sat.

Of course it's Ku FSS. I've been in this hobby for 6 years, never had a bird that's so difficult to track. I should be able to get the 121 without any difficulty, but somehow it just eludes me...

I got 61.5 and 119 on a D500 once. I ran over the dish a few times with my van, then bent it in half and jumped on it a few times. I welded a second LNB arm to the skew assembly, and BINGO! :p

rangers00 said:
Of course it's Ku FSS. I've been in this hobby for 6 years, never had a bird that's so difficult to track. I should be able to get the 121 without any difficulty, but somehow it just eludes me...

Hey, gotta ask. Seen a lot of guys who didn't know there was a difference. Weird tho. How are you trying to tune it in? Are you using an E* receiver or an FTA receiver?

rangers00 said:
Iceberg, please shed some lights here.

I have a Ku dish, Ku linear LNB and a DMT-1050 (FTA) receiver. There is an unencrypted Chinese channel on Echostar 121, that's why I am trying to lock the signal on that bird.

However, after several nights of trying, I still haven't been able to get a sniff of the signal.

When I try transponder 2 or some other horizontal transponder, it says that I am getting a very strong signal, but in reality it's the signal of 119. How the h*ll that I get the 119 signal when I am using a Ku linear polarity LNB (with base frequency = 10750), I don't know.

So, when you tried your setup, did you try to lock the 121 signal on a 30" dish separately? If so, did your MPEG2/FTA receiver ever show you the 119 signal mistaken it's 121?

Thanks.

The channel is still FTA..When I originally did my setup for 121, I used a Dish Network receiver to get it in. Now for me to get 121, I use my motor

12074 V 20000 is the “Congrats, you have a Superdish” test card.

If you have 119 in, move it about 1/8-1/4 inch to the west and you should have 121.

rangers00 said:
It's a Ku LNBF that I've used for years to get Telstar 5, SatMex 5, G10R, etc. I am very good at getting Ku signals. Locked the SatMex5 signals for the Chinese channels in less than 5 seconds. Echostar 121 is the one that's killing me...
If you can get G10, then its 2 degrees east

Thanks for all the advices for me to track down 121.

OK, this is the lesson I've learned. When I am trying to lock 121 with an MPEG2/DVB receiver, Ku FSS LNBF, I have something in between: a DiSEQC switch. One of the switch input is connected to a Ku DBS twin that's pointing to Echostar 110/119, for a FTA channel on 110 that I've been enjoying for > 1 year.

Maybe because the DiSEQC is connected to both 121 (port 2) and 110/119 (port 3), it's totally confused. That's probably why when I am trying to lock 121, I get strong 119 signal, albeit it shouldn't because

1) it's on a different switch port
2) the base frequency (10750) is not meant for DBS but FSS.

When I try to download the channels from a particular transponder, the download is all screwed up. DMT-1050 thinks that the channels on 119 are radio channels (BRAVO, BET, etc.)

That's my suspicion. So I forget about the DiSEQC switch and connect the 121 dish directly to the DMT-1050. Bingo! Signal locked rightaway.

Anyway, thanks guys for all the input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)