Dish Network 21.0 Learning Remote Instructions

i have a 622 and 722 and both are on emerson 32 in hdtv and i cant find another remote to work with the tv and i want one that does it all i think this would be great. anyone have any experience with emerson tvs and this remote.

Jeff, I don't have Emerson products, but I can say with 100% certainty that the 21.0 remote can learn any command, as long as you have the OEM remote to learn from. I'm using 2 of the 21.0's to control every AV device that I own.

I have two of them. I should say 4. They came with my two 722k's. I only use the 20.0's. The one in the den forgets how to control the receiver and I have to reprogram it from time to time. If it happens again I think I will call Dish to have it replaced. The one in the bedroom is rock solid.

i am hoping that some one on here will be able to help me with my new 21.0 remote problem. i use the learning feature to get the power on and off for my tv and it does just that. when i go to program for it to lower volume it does just that but when it does that i lose the ability to turn off tv once again
any ideas what i am missing or doing wrong.

I don't know if this is your issue, but you must program the remote functions all at once, with no breaks. I wrote down everything that I wanted to do, then did the programming.

It took me several trys to get the hang of the procedures.

Bell 9241 and Visionquest TV

Hello, I'm from canada and have a Bell 9241 receiver, Its the same as a Dishnet 722ViP Receiver, and have a VisionQuest TV do you think this new 21.0 IR/UHF LEARNING Remote Control would work with a visionquest tv? The older remotes did not work. Can't find many remotes to work with this TV. I'm pretty sure the remote will work with the bell receiver.

kevkwas,

Granted it would be easier to transfer a complete set of codes from the device data base into the remote during setup, I think as long as you have another remote to teach from (that would be your original VisionQuest remote), the worst that can happen is that you'll have to train each code individually. Since you're only likely to need power on/off, volume and mute that's not a lot to have to transfer.

What you might want to do is read the PDF on the first page (first post) of this thread to see if performing a manual programming of the remote is too confusing for you. Nothing bad intended, just that some very smart people have problems with gadgets.

Thanks

kevkwas,

Granted it would be easier to transfer a complete set of codes from the device data base into the remote during setup, I think as long as you have another remote to teach from (that would be your original VisionQuest remote), the worst that can happen is that you'll have to train each code individually. Since you're only likely to need power on/off, volume and mute that's not a lot to have to transfer.

What you might want to do is read the PDF on the first page (first post) of this thread to see if performing a manual programming of the remote is too confusing for you. Nothing bad intended, just that some very smart people have problems with gadgets.

I do have the Visionquest remote, and yes all I want is the TV on/off and volume. I did read the manual, but it doesn't show VisionQuest TV's, I was wondering if it would learn it if it is not listed in the manual.
Will this remote learn any remote is my question I guess.

Thanks again.:)

I do have the Visionquest remote, and yes all I want is the TV on/off and volume. I did read the manual, but it doesn't show VisionQuest TV's, I was wondering if it would learn it if it is not listed in the manual.
Will this remote learn any remote is my question I guess.

Thanks again.:)

YES it will. It'll learn ANY IR device. If your Bell receiver is in fact the same as the 722 you'll be fine. I use 21.0 remotes with both a 622 and 722 (NOT K) and they work great. You'll be able to say good-bye to the "two remote shuffle", LOL. :rolleyes::)

Ed

As stated elsewhere in this thread, just remember to program ALL of the commands you want for your TV at the same time.

Last edited:
Great

YES it will. It'll learn ANY IR device. If your Bell receiver is in fact the same as the 722 you'll be fine. I use 21.0 remotes with both a 622 and 722 (NOT K) and they work great. You'll be able to say good-bye to the "two remote shuffle", LOL. :rolleyes::)

Ed

As stated elsewhere in this thread, just remember to program ALL of the commands you want for your TV at the same time.
:)

Thanks will order one.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)