Dish Network Adds French Music Video Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK ADDS FRENCH MUSIC VIDEO CHANNEL TO INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMMING LINE-UP

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., July 25, 2005 - EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced today that its DISH Network(tm) satellite television service has added TRACE TV, a 24-hour French-language music video channel, to its international programming lineup. DISH Network offers the most comprehensive international programming and content in the pay-TV industry. Subscribers can choose from more than 100 international channels from over 25 countries in more than 25 languages, including Polish, Greek, Mandarin, Hindi, Arabic and Italian.

"TRACE TV adds a new dimension to DISH Network's growing selection of French entertainment," said Tracy Thompson, vice president of International Programming for DISH Network. "We are excited to connect our subscribers to the best in urban music and the global artists who create their favorite hits. TRACE TV's emphasis on multicultural entertainment complements our position as the industry leader in international programming."

Broadcast from Paris, TRACE TV French feed offers a lineup of popular music-based entertainment that spans the globe. Featured shows include "Playlist," which spins more than 10 hours of top urban music videos daily from around the world; "Urban Hit" which highlights top multicultural and urban videos; and "Concept" which spotlights a specific musical genre, such as the French reggae expression or hip hop from Africa. TRACE TV also delivers non-musical content, including "Guest Star," which interviews popular urban music stars such as Femi Kuti, Snoop Dogg and Mariah Carey.

"Since DISH Network offers the most comprehensive menu of international programming in the pay-TV industry, we knew it would be a perfect venue for TRACE TV," said Olivier Laouchez, Chairman and CEO of TRACE TV. "DISH Network viewers can enjoy the ultimate in music entertainment with an exclusive mix of urban content with a global perspective."

DISH Network customers can subscribe to TRACE TV on an "a la carte" basis for $3 per month when the customer subscribes to any Arabic, Farsi, German, Greek, Israeli, Italian or Portuguese channel or package or they can choose from the following packages: TV5 and TRACE TV for $11.99 per month, 3A TELESUD and TRACE TV for $16.99 per month or TV5, 3A TELESUD and TRACE TV for $21.99 per month. The channel will be broadcast on channel 590 from the 61.5° and 148° orbital locations.

Existing DISH Network customers will receive a free preview of TRACE TV on channel 575 for 61.5° and 148° orbital locations through July 27, 2005.

DISH Network customers can contact 1-800-333-DISH (3474) or their local retailer for more information on how to subscribe to any of these packages. French-speaking customers can call 1-877-586-9675 to order TRACE TV. To learn more about DISH Network's international programming offers, customers can visit www.dishnetwork.com or www.trace.tv for more information on TRACE TV.

About EchoStar

EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) serves more than 11.2 million satellite TV customers through its DISH NetworkÔ, the fastest growing U.S. provider of advanced digital television services in the last five years. DISH Network offers hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. Visit EchoStar's DISH Network at www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

DISH NETWORK ADDS PUNJAB-LANGUAGE INDIAN CHANNEL TO INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMMING LINE-UP

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., July 25, 2005 - EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) announced today that its DISH Network(tm) satellite television service has added Zee Network's Indian channel Alpha ETC Punjabi to its international programming lineup. With the addition of Alpha ETC Punjabi, DISH Network currently has 21 South Asian channels available and the launch reinforces its efforts to offer the most comprehensive international programming and content.

DISH Network offers more than 100 international channels from over 25 countries in more than 25 languages, including Korean, Arabic, Portuguese, French, Greek, Hindi and Russian.

"We are excited to serve as the only pay-TV provider of Alpha ETC Punjabi in the United States, said Tracy Thompson, EchoStar's vice president of International Programming. "Alpha ETC Punjabi adds a layer of diversity within DISH Network's growing lineup of popular Indian channels. This channel, in particular, will engage viewers with original entertainment that is unique to the Punjabi culture."

Broadcast from the northwest region of India, Alpha ETC Punjabi programming features popular dramatic series, news, comedies, interactive shows and live musical performances, all rooted in vibrant Punjab culture and centered on family values. This channel features "Gurbani" from the Golden Temple in Amritsar.

"The launch of Alpha ETC Punjabi is further evidence of ZEE's commitment to the South Asian community in the United States and we are proud to partner with DISH Network, the leading distributor of International television," said Dheeraj Kapuria, ZEE's President of International Operations. "Alpha ETC Punjabi provides the world's widest range of Punjabi content, ranging from the holy Gurbani to the exhilarating Bhangra, in a distinctively comprehensive manner. There is simply no comparison to Alpha ETC Punjabi in the Punjabi arena."

Customers can subscribe to Alpha ETC Punjabi for only $14.99 per month on an "a la carte" basis. Existing DISH Network customers will receive a free preview of Alpha ETC Punjabi on channel 574 at the 61.5° and 148° orbital locations through July 27, 2005 and on channel 807 at the 121° orbital locations through Aug. 11, 2005.

Customers can contact 1-800-333-DISH (3474) or their local retailer for more information on how to subscribe. To learn more about DISH Network's international programming offers, customers can visit www.dishnetwork.com or www.ZEEtvusa.com for ZEE Network information.

About EchoStar

EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) serves more than 11.2 million satellite TV customers through its DISH Network(tm), the fastest growing U.S. provider of advanced digital television services in the last five years. DISH Network offers hundreds of video and audio channels, Interactive TV, HDTV, sports and international programming, together with professional installation and 24-hour customer service. Visit EchoStar's DISH Network at www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

About ZEE Network and ZEE TV USA

The ZEE Network is the largest vertically integrated media company in the South Asian sphere. It provides the most comprehensive range of South Asian programming in the world It has the widest range of programming in all genres and multiple languages of interest to South Asians. It is the largest South Asian media company in the U.S. as well. It launched its flagship channel, ZEE TV in 1998 and the first 24-hour South Asian movie channel, ZEE CINEMA in December 1999

This is one thing the main thing I don't like about Dish Network they are behind on adding channels and say that not enough people watch them then add channels like this. I want some ESPN U or there are several other channels like that.

TuxCoder said:
Hmm, thanks guys for "introducing" me to Alizee... and consequently inspiring my new avatar. :)
TuxCoder, you've inspired me to add my real girlfriend as my Avatar. We just met about a month ago during a camping trip to the Oregon coast. All I can say is WOW! :p ;) :D :yes :eek:

Thanks! I'm going nuts without her, she lives in Seattle, 3 hours away and between having my daughter every other weekend and other things, I won't see her until we go on a 4 day camping trip to Mt. Rainier the 11th of August. I am soooooo missing her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)