Dish Network and Sony Bravia Picture Quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
i have a 50" philips plasma and i have to say that this tv makes me want to watch tv. i could watch a movie over and over just due to the fact that the picture is soo amazing. sometimes there is some graininess but thats to be expected especially stretching a picture to 50inches. oh i do want to get a BR or HDDVD to compare to the OTA and SAT signals. i just thing hd is coming a long very very well and i cant wait to see where it goes from now

ps i also have very low signal and loose it a lot in rain (im upgrading to bigger dishes to pick up the slack)

Well check the setting like tsduke suggested but 60's on signal strength is not that great. Overall someone needs to adjust the Dish to get better signal strength which will most likely help the most. I know some installers that if they cant get in the high 80's to 90's they want even mess with installing Dish. Due to folks will have more issues with loosing signal so forth.

You can get the signal above 100. Doesn't matter what the strength is anyway. As long as it's above 45 or so you'll get a picture. The sronger the signal isn't going to give him a better picture. The only reason for a strong signal is to prevent rain fade and only that. i don't know what his problem is but rest assured it isn't do to the poor signal level.

Perhaps the problem is the poor quality tv's that Sony makes. what do you think? i haven't seen a good quality product from sony in decades.

Ron

I'm extremely happy with my 40" LCD Bravia/XBR set connected to my 622. As others have alluded, the HD pictures from cable and/or OTA will generally be sharper vs. those from E* due to the resolution/bitrate reductions through the satellite. This is the same more/less from E* or D*, "fondly" known as "HD-lite". But you should still have a very watchable picture in any case.

Three things that others have not mentioned in this thread: You might want to try both the component and HDMI connections from the receiver to the TV and choose whichever looks the best to you. Most have reported a difference, but it varies as to which they prefer. Component is often "warmer" and more color-rich whereas HDMI is sharper, but YMMV. And do make sure you were installed with HD connections! There are many reports in here of subscribers being connected with the S-video connections since generally the ViP receivers don't come with either type of HD cables in the box. (That's something that either the installer or sub. needed to supply themselves, and the installer is sometimes even unknowlegeable that there is a difference!) Also - you should try the many adjustments in the Sony to find what looks best for you. For example, mine has a "color palette" that I have yet to experiment with. But your brother apparently has other issues. Finally, since you also have a Sony TV that apparently works well for you, you could take it to your brother's place for a comparison. That would quickly tell you whether it's the TV or the satellite system that's making the difference!

Welcome, BTW...!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)