SUPERSTATIONS
WB
DENVER KWGN
LOS ANGELES KTLA
NEW YORK WPIX
UPN
BOSTON WSBK
NEW YORK WWOR

Wait if I have those OTA does that mean I can't get them on Super because I'd like to pick up the WB one since it and ABC are the two screwy OTA HD's for picking up.

Now correct me if I am wrong. How is New Orleans going to have HD when Katrina hit and DESTROYED all HD Transmitters in the New Orleans area and I read that the transmitters will not be in operation again until 2007.

Crystal Pepsi Ball said:
Now correct me if I am wrong. How is New Orleans going to have HD when Katrina hit and DESTROYED all HD Transmitters in the New Orleans area and I read that the transmitters will not be in operation again until 2007.
Because the stations can send their signal to an upllink center via fiber.

#77 Springfield Mo. - No launch date given

In the graphic on the last HD Tech Chat, they said they were launching 12(?) big HD locals with others to follow. The 12 were in 2006 and no time frame was given on the others to the best of my recollection.

I'd have to watch the chat again.

If they do, then I can dump CBS-HD East :rolleyes:

GeorgeLV said:
Translated to DMAs:

Dish Network HD LiL List

(#1) New York, NY
(#2) Los Angeles, CA
(#3) Chicago, IL
(#4) Philadelphia, PA
(#5) Boston, MA
(#6) San Francisco, CA
(#7) Dallas, TX
(#8) Washington, D.C.
(#9) Atlanta, GA
(#10) Houston, TX
(#11) Detroit, MI
(#13) Seattle, WA
(#14) Phoenix, AZ
(#15) Minneapolis, MN
(#16) Cleveland, OH
(#17) Miami, FL
(#18) Denver, CO
(#19) Sacremento, CA
(#20) Orlando, FL
(#21) St. Louis, MO
(#22) Pittsburgh, PA
(#23) Portland, OR
(#24) Baltimore, MD
(#25) Indianapolis, IN
(#26) San Diego, CA
(#27) Charlotte, NC
(#29) Raleigh, NC
(#30) Nashville, TN
(#31) Kansas City, MO
(#33) Milwaukee, WI
(#35) Greenville, SC
(#36) Salt Lake City, UT
(#37) San Antonio, TX
(#42) Norfolk, VA
(#43) New Orleans, LA
(#44) Memphis, TN
(#45) Oklahoma City, OK
(#46) Albuquerque, NM
(#49) Buffalo, NY
(#50) Louisville, KY
(#51) Providence, RI
(#52) Jacksonville, FL
(#53) Austin, TX

The WTF section :p
(#61) Tulsa, OK
(#77) Springfield, MO
(#78) Spokane
(#90) Burlington, VT

NOT PLANNED (Top 60 DMAs)
(#12) Tampa, FL
(#28) Hartford, CT
(#32) Columbus, OH
(#34) Cincinnati, OH
(#38) West Palm Beach, FL
(#39) Grand Rapids, MI
(#40) Birmingham, AL
(#41) Harrisburg, PA
(#47) Greensboro, NC
(#48) Las Vegas, NV
(#54) Wilkes Barre, PA
(#55) Albany, NY
(#56) Fresno, CA
(#57) Little Rock, AR
(#58) Knoxville, TN
(#59) Dayton, OH
(#60) Richmond, VA

Cincinnati is listed as one of the 48 cities to be launched as shown on the link Stargazer provided. Also, from the Charlie Chat there was a red dot on Cincinnati as planned for local HDTV.

Stargazer said:
Yep those wpuld be the superstations we are talking about. At least put one WB and one UPN in HD (or one east coast feed and one west coast feed of each). Is that too much to ask? Dang!

One of the issues here is that as of this September, the Superstations will no longer exist in their current form. Both UPN and the WB are closing down and they are creating a new station jointly using the most popular programming from both stations. The new station will be called CW. You can google for more info.

So I doubt they will bother to add the Superstations in HD if they are going away in 7 months.

varaonaid said:
One of the issues here is that as of this September, the Superstations will no longer exist in their current form. Both UPN and the WB are closing down and they are creating a new station jointly using the most popular programming from both stations. The new station will be called CW. You can google for more info.

So I doubt they will bother to add the Superstations in HD if they are going away in 7 months.

The Superstations existed as independents long before WB or UPN came along. We'll have to see how this shakes out, but I doubt these station are just going to "go away".

NightRyder

Correct. They exist as superstations because of the nature of the station they are. Not because they are added a network affiliation

I guess I don't understand. (I've tried to post a link to one the articles I read but the system won't let me even though I have more than 5 posts)

Are you saying that the five Superstations will all switch to the new CW in September?

no. Some will switch and some will have no affiliation, but the stations themselves will still exist. The biggest point were trying to make is they'll stil be superstations, a network affiliation does not matter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)