Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Network Announces Debt Offering
ENGLEWOOD, Colo., June 24, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- DISH Network Corporation ("DISH Network") (NASDAQ: DISH) today announced that its subsidiary, DISH DBS Corporation ("DISH DBS"), plans to offer, subject to market and other conditions, approximately $1,000,000,000 aggregate principal amount of its senior notes. The net proceeds of the offering are intended to be used for general corporate purposes.

The notes will only be offered and sold to persons reasonably believed to be qualified institutional buyers in accordance with Rule 144A under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"), and in offshore transactions in accordance with Regulation S under the Securities Act. The notes being offered have not been registered under the Securities Act or the securities laws of any other jurisdiction. The notes may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from registration requirements. This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any of the notes; nor shall there be any sale of these notes in any state or jurisdiction in which such an offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful.

Safe Harbor Statement under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995

Except for historical information contained herein, the matters set forth in this press release are forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements set forth above involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from any such statement, including the risks and uncertainties discussed in DISH Network's and DISH DBS' Disclosure Regarding Forward-Looking Statements included in their recent filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including their annual reports on Form 10-K and quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements speak only as of the date made, and DISH Network and DISH DBS expressly disclaim any obligation to update these forward-looking statements.

SOURCE DISH Network Corporation

Nobody wants satellite tv. .but the same great mind bought blockbuster
Have we seen any evidence that Dish didn't make their ~$400 million investment back from liquidating the stores and income from the Blockbuster On Demand or Blockbuster@Home streaming services before they were rolled into the Dish Movie Pack streaming service?

It sure beats streaming.
I am starting to completely disagree with that. I have not watched my Hopper very much over the last 3 weeks, relying almost completely on streaming and the only limit I've had was DVR, but the shows I currently DVR, I found via streaming.

Reactions: ncted
I am starting to completely disagree with that. I have not watched my Hopper very much over the last 3 weeks, relying almost completely on streaming and the only limit I've had was DVR, but the shows I currently DVR, I found via streaming.
I can’t stand streaming. Even the few things I have to stream, such as limited content from Netflix, borrowed U/P for HBO when GoT was wrapping, etc. Streaming is terrible, and my internet is great. It gets to finicky.

So how do I go about buying some of this? I already bought a bunch of stock on Robinhood of Dish, and it turned me a pretty penny(bought at $17/share).

So how do I go about buying some of this? I already bought a bunch of stock on Robinhood of Dish, and it turned me a pretty penny(bought at $17/share).

The short answer is that you cannot. This is being offered under SEC Rule 144A and the issuer has a reduced level of disclosure requirements and is available to institutional investors and there is a requiremtn to have a reasonable assurance that you are selling to.

I can’t stand streaming. Even the few things I have to stream, such as limited content from Netflix, borrowed U/P for HBO when GoT was wrapping, etc. Streaming is terrible, and my internet is great. It gets to finicky.
I can say one thing, streaming doesn't cost me $116 a month to watch maybe 5-8 channels - sometimes

It sounds like something is wrong with his streaming set up we are starting to stream almost everything that we watch Netflix, Disney plus, Hulu, HBO max , prime, The picture is always amazing and never any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: dennispap and ncted
It sounds like something is wrong with his streaming set up we are starting to stream almost everything that we watch Netflix, Disney plus, Hulu, HBO max , prime, The picture is always amazing and never any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
No issues with my setup. Same experience on 4 different networks, as I help my brother and parents with their setups, and run the one for our office.

Terrible how? What is bad about your user experience?

100-150 Mbps and the Firestick will still have a buffering circle even while playing just fine.
When you have more than 3 streaming devices on one network, it gets blocky, and appears it is dropping packets. I still stream some things for my own use, but I prefer traditional tv. Far less trouble, and far less issues overall. The experience is always smoother with traditional tv.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have 100 - 200 Mbps streaming and I don't have any problems streaming even when 3 different devices are using at the same time. I will admit that using my roku is way more reliable than my fire stick. I quit using the fire stick for streaming as I read the fire sticks had problems overheating and affecting the wifi in the stick. Maybe get a roku and see if that fixes it.?

I have 100 - 200 Mbps streaming and I don't have any problems streaming even when 3 different devices are using at the same time. I will admit that using my roku is way more reliable than my fire stick. I quit using the fire stick for streaming as I read the fire sticks had problems overheating and affecting the wifi in the stick. Maybe get a roku and see if that fixes it.?
honestly, with what I pay for tv services, it is currently not realistic to experiment with alternative sources. I am very happy with where I am at, and by the time I get to needing a device, anything I buy today will be crap tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)