Total Revenue Dish: $2,190 million
Total Revenue Direct: $6,000 million

Net Sub Additions Dish: 249,000; Annual 422,000
Net Sub Additions Direct: 119,00; Annual 939,000

Total Subs Dish: 14.1 million
Total Subs Direct: 18.1 million
And I still find it amazing who has more HD. :eek:

And I still find it amazing who has more HD. :eek:
Not me. Dish puts out a lot more channels per transponder.

It also depends on how one counts. Direct sends out more total national HD channels, but many are PPV and full time RSNs. Dish has more basic national HD channels (which of course matters to most HD subs).

Wait another couple of months or less and see if this is still the case.

Guess that mean those of us in EA DMAs will have to wait even longer to get our local CWs, MNTVs and PBSs.

Unless E-6 or E-15 frees up some spotbeam TPs on E-12, you are probably right. I guess I was wrong about being wrong about E-15 being a CONUS only satellite in the other thread. Based on the info from the earnings report, I believe E-15 will have a great deal of flexibility in terms of what slot it can be located at but will probably have the large power capabilities similiar to E-11. I believe E-16 will be similar to Ciel-2 but perhaps with more spotbeam capabilities. I still believe for the EA, the 72.7 W slot will have most if not all of the national programming on it with 61.5 W and 77 W primarily used for locals on spotbeams. The 61.5 W slot could also have international programming with its CONUS beams and 77 W could have the Spanish package on its CONUS beams. I think someone else had posted this concept about the use the CONUS beams on 61.5 W and 77 W.

Sorry I can't find DirecTV's package prices on their website.Can you please post where it is on the website?.Thank you.:)

well since you feel the need to post the same thing in about 4 different areas, go check the other thread

better yet I'll post it here for you

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 122
That is interesting. FF worked for me.

I don't think it is necessarily a FF problem they are claiming. It is that for them FF is their default browser and has their account info cookies saved thus they get the active subscriber pages which do not have the new sub pricing info on them (I guess they don't want the active subs to easily see the new sub deals)

I don't think it is necessarily a FF problem they are claiming. It is that for them FF is their default browser and has their account info cookies saved thus they get the active subscriber pages which do not have the new sub pricing info on them (I guess they don't want the active subs to easily see the new sub deals)
FF is the only browser I use and my account info is saved on it as well. All you have to do is log out

Since Dish Network states that they are still $20 cheaper than Directv, could we be looking at some MORE hefty price increases from Dish Network?

I wonder what kind of churn Dish will get as a result of these hardware fees for the additional tual tuner receivers.

...I wonder what kind of churn Dish will get as a result of these hardware fees for the additional tual tuner receivers.

probably not as much as you are hoping or expecting since most dish subs don't have 3 or more receivers and most of their bills either went down or only went up about what they did last year.

Interesting.

They have moved up the estimated construction completion date for E15 from late 2010 to mid 2010.

E16 is confirmed as going to 61.5 in 2012.

Thanks RandallA and nelson61 for this information, and also Rocatman for his further comments. The DishNetwork report has tons of interesting data, including the advice that since Mr. Ergan owns controlling interest he does (in effect) choose the directors. A $2.00 per share dividend payout was also made in December 2009, which should help ensure that Mr. Ergen and family will not be broke even if business turns bad for EchoStar and DishNetwork (due to issues like the Tivo lawsuit, the proposed merger of Comcast/NBC, the ESPN dispute, etc.). A further note was that additional dividend payouts are not planned at present, with profits to be reserved for enhancements to the company.

Although the construction completion date for E-15 was stated as mid-2010, the potential launch date was given as late 2010. If the actual proposed activation date of E-15 was shown I missed it.

Best regards to all.

Fitzie

Thanks RandallA and nelson61 for this information, and also Rocatman for his further comments. The DishNetwork report has tons of interesting data, including the advice that since Mr. Ergan owns controlling interest he does (in effect) choose the directors. A $2.00 per share dividend payout was also made in December 2009, which should help ensure that Mr. Ergen and family will not be broke even if business turns bad for EchoStar and DishNetwork (due to issues like the Tivo lawsuit, the proposed merger of Comcast/NBC, the ESPN dispute, etc.). A further note was that additional dividend payouts are not planned at present, with profits to be reserved for enhancements to the company.

Although the construction completion date for E-15 was stated as mid-2010, the potential launch date was given as late 2010. If the actual proposed activation date of E-15 was shown I missed it.

Best regards to all.

Fitzie

Actually on the table on page 5 of the financial report, the expected launch date of E-15 is mid-2010 and if you look at the Proton launch schedule from NASASpaceFlight.com, there is a gap of Proton launches between May 30 and August 10 of 2010 so just speculating that E-15 could be launched this summer.

It is also stated in the financial report that the use of all 32 TPs from Nimiq 5 will be phased in and not be completed until 2012.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts