Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Last week Dish Network was at the CES Press Preview in New York City. And at the show they showed off their new DTVPal DVR.

We normally cover this CES event but didn't make it this year due to a number of factors.

But Dave Graveline from the popular radio show was there and he got a chance to sit down and talk to Francie Bauer from Dish Network.

You might notice that Dave gives a hint about a product where Dish Network wins an innovation award at CES in January. While Francie can't talk about this product I can tell you that it is indeed the new Dish ViP 922 Receiver. (formerlly the 722s)

I can't wait to see this receiver in person. :D Enjoy the interview!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgdLditzxLU]YouTube - CES Unveiled NY 2008: Dish Network[/ame]

Yes.. Anyone know about the new 922?

Could it have (or have a slot for) an extra sensitive OTA tuner (like the DTV Pal Plus)??

If so, that might be the ticket for me way out in the boonies. I would love to get all the possible digital OTA's that I can get but right now I won't even dare to try as tvfool and antenna web both show that I am in the neighborhood of around 35 miles LOS out of range of most everything.

It is fustrating not to know as a long time ago you knew if your neighbor got OTA, you would too but nobody around here does that anymore and I am not about to spend several hundred dollars on an antena that may not work.

Wonder if the new DTVPal DVR will allow basic cable pass-through? My daughter lives in a dorm, and they are provided a basic SD cable feed via coax, so she gets her HD programming OTA. If this box allows for pass-through of the basic cable, it might be the perfect solution.

They talk about the 1080p on some of their movie channels. Is this only the HD PPV channels? This seems so misleading. My 722 says only 1080i and Dish Network told me that they did not make anything capable of 1080p.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts