DISH NETWORK-CARIBBEAN

MJ-1972

Original poster
May 12, 2012
St. Lucia
Hey Guys:

I had been receiving programming on c-band, W5. However, this has become very limited. I want to move to dish network. I live in the caribbean island of St. Lucia, located 14[SUP]o[/SUP]N, 61[SUP]0[/SUP]W. On my old 12' dish, I received W5 at 270[SUP]O[/SUP]W. Could someone provide me with advice as to whether I would be able to receive the dish network satellites? I am considering the [h=1]Dish Network 1000.4 HDTV WESTERN ARC KIT Satellite Antenna HD West 110 119 129. Would this work? or do I need the 1000.2 eastern sat. antenna. I understand I may need a 2.8m or bigger dish. What is the diameter of this dish? Would my 12' c-band dish work? Dish Network does not operate in St. Lucia, so I can't get any technical information from them. Please help![/h]

I don't believe any Dish Network satellite of either ARC will reach you.

Tampa8. Thank you for responding, but I know of persons who are getting it. 119[SUP]O[/SUP]W.
If you know people receiving the programming why don't you tell us what they are using? Most on this forum are in the service area that can legally receive DISH.

Looking at the maps 119 looks barely possible, I don't think with any regular dishes though. But of course there are very few CONUS transponders there with just a few channels. I don't see how any other satellite could be seen where you are. Satellite could be the perfect answer for so many in the Caribbean too bad neither company covers them.

Tampa8: Could u e-mail me the map that you speak about? The thing is, ppl in this part of the world can be selfish at times and don't give you the information required, particularly if it is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. I know that much, the normal dish size will not work. I think you need a minimum 6' dish (because of distance).

I am told you need a lnbf. Forums, told me the same about my BUD, and I take testify that I was getting excellent quality with
AMC-18 (W5).

And I know it is possible, because the cable providers down here offer it.

Appreciate your response.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts