This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dish Network CEO Hints At Hard Line In Viacom Renewal Talks, Calls Extension A “Positive”

So a year from now , if they don't have the 40% build out of coverage and service , they immediately are accelerated to a 2020 deadline. So that gives them a 4 year window to finally get at least 70 % build out of service and coverage. Ok , Lets see if he can accomplish the minimum deadline by next year. I am betting that he won't make the minimum deadline. Oh, I never said the company was going bankrupt. Don't sell you hopper yet ,unless you are planning on leaving DISH.

Tell us how you really feel!!!!

IN my experience as a tech I can tell you that webtv receiver was a boat anchor. And a HUGE PITA. When their 7100/7200 failed, it was for some then end of the world. Furthermore, Dish was no longer replacing them When the customer was informed of this, the reaction could be from disappointment to anger. And guess who was on the receiving end?..Right.
Voom was pardon the rhyme, doomed the moment Dish bought the bird from which that programming was TX'd.....VOOM programming was aimed at fringe audiences and simply not interesting enough for mass audiences. So Dish dumped it.
That was inevitable and I believe Dish was prepared for and anticipated a bit of a financial hit for dumping the channels. No big deal
In big business, lawsuits are a part of the process.

Do you think playing nice is a way to succeed in business?
Ergen knows exactly what he doing. The guy started Dish in his garage. He now has 13 million customers. Most of whom who are at worst marginally satisfied with the products.
This is not an argument. I am merely stating the facts

Yes I know about the add ons.

Again though the value goes out the window when you start with the add ons.

Soon your up over $50 a month, you might as well subscribe to satellite TV.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Welcome to the world of A La Carte, and linear online programming.

Welcome to the world of A La Carte, and linear online programming.
Yuck, I just put up the 1000 + so I could get Euronews, and Willow Cricket, Because I got tired of trying to stream through the Internet.

So yeah I'll never go Sling TV.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tampa8
Welcome to the world of A La Carte,
That theory, and it's followers were always misguided from the start. What cost 1 cent, in a package, now costs 1 dollars by itself. You still want it....?

I think you missed my point in posting that. I said originally that I don't think that Charlie will get to partner with a cell phone carrier ,because of his reputation of not playing well and getting along with others precedes him. Most companies won't merge due to his history. T mobile wanted to do business ,but nothing has happened yet. AS for the way he has conducted himself in business, he is really no worse or better than others,but as I pointed out in saying his reputation precedes him, you carry that same rep with you on the way up the ladder of business , & it is also the one you carry with you on the way back down it too. Business ethics was something I took in college and I can tell you that some of what Charlie was accused of doing is a direct violation of those ethics. The stealing of the Tivo software comes to mind. But he had to pay for it eventually. I am not arguing either , just stating the facts.