Dish Network clobbers Pansat

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The AZ box is an IKS capable receiver. Google to find your own answer. It appears that AZBox is supported for theft of service in many regions of the world.

Today's News: AZBox is in the crosshairs!

Might as well say that ANY internet enabled receiver/tuner ( like any of the PCI devices) are in the crosshairs. A typical PC, with a Genpix tuner has few limitations , with the appropriate ( or in this case, INAPPROPRIATE coding support). Might as well get used to the idea.
:)

Anyone that messes with IKS is a fool since the packets trace back to your ISP. If they force your ISP to pull up the logs they can tell were they were going.

Regardless if a receiver I may own could be used for pirate activities they can also be used for legal FTA so we have a right to use them. If Charlie thinks he can stop legal FTA he never will no matter how hard he tries.

Might as well say that ANY internet enabled receiver/tuner ( like any of the PCI devices) are in the crosshairs.

Not true.... There is a tremendous difference between an internet enabled device and a device the enables theft of service. A receiver must be enabled to acquire and process information for theft of service. Traditional DVBS receivers firmware does not have a native routine enabled to query, download, verify, enable and manage proprietary decryption codes. This routine is unique to each encryption technique and I am not aware of any legit IKS services outside of a subscriber's personal use LAN for a few services in Europe.

I wouldn't surprise me if Dish starts going after software developers next for the routines for PCI devices.

Last edited:
Not true.... There is a tremendous difference between an internet enabled device and a device the enables theft of service. A receiver must be enabled to acquire and process information for theft of service. Traditional DVBS receivers firmware does not have a native routine enabled to query, download, verify, enable and manage proprietary decryption codes. This routine is unique to each encryption technique and I am not aware of any legit IKS services outside of a subscriber's personal use LAN for a few services in Europe.

My point is that ANY internet enabled receiver COULD be coded for illegal operation. Certainly any PC based system, with a PCI tuner, is as flexible as any programmer has the ability to make it. Dish Network has no reason ( other than the bother of it all ) not to slowly move against all those possibilities. That's why I say "might as well get used to it ".

That's so true

Yea that is so true...

If anyone doesn't think someone wouldn't move to take away Free to Air Satellite...Just start reading some about OTA. Don't kid yourself into thinking Some of these companies don't have their eyes on FTA satellite Frequencies or OTA Frequencies.

Research OTA and find out one of the huge driving factors to switch to Digital. It wasn't all because it Was so much better as the public was told. If you ask me it's a major flop if you live in a frienge area. Analog use to reach here very well, but the flutter of a birds ass knocks out the OTA digital signal where I live. Summer time comes and all but one or two channels are gone until the leafs fall. I use to get on average 20 analog channels with good signals living as far out as I do...I am lucky as I say to get 2 Digital signals. If that's improvement it certainly hasn't been for us.

Don't kid yourselfs for one second if you think anything is safe from Greed and Corporations. Remember where you live, in the land where we have the best government money can buy...Don't take me wrong I love my country and would die for it...It's just crooks and greed have taken over anything moral.

Last edited:
First the pirates, then charlie's coming after you the legit fta hobbyist. These cases are beginning to set some really bad legal precedence that don't bode well for the fta community. I don't know where these defendant companies are getting their lawyers, but they apparently aren't very good. Charlie wants to own the sky. Monopoly and corporatism are taking over thanks to our bought-off officials in Washington. Anti-trust laws? Don't make me laugh!

My point is that ANY internet enabled receiver COULD be coded for illegal operation. Certainly any PC based system, with a PCI tuner, is as flexible as any programmer has the ability to make it. Dish Network has no reason ( other than the bother of it all ) not to slowly move against all those possibilities. That's why I say "might as well get used to it ".

That would include all DN boxes that have ethernet ports. Charlie's gonna look awful funny suing himself.

My anti virus program appears to find more viruses in the last month of the subscription than the 11 months prior. I wonder why :D

Sounds like it's a scheme to keep ya on the edge of your seat so you'll keep dishing out the $$$ for software updates

I'm beginning to think that DN is purposely aiming sat beams at pirate dishes so they can take 'em to court and drain their pockets, lol :eek: those money hungry S.O.B.'s hehehe

Sounds like it's a scheme to keep ya on the edge of your seat so you'll keep dishing out the $$$ for software updates

I'm beginning to think that DN is purposely aiming sat beams at pirate dishes so they can take 'em to court and drain their pockets, lol :eek: those money hungry S.O.B.'s hehehe

Well Charlie needs to get that money somewhere. Since, you know, he owes TiVo so much money. ;)

Ironsides, in reference to your closing coment, I have heard somewhere and I'm sure other's have too, that American's have mastered the art of theft so to speak. American's have become the greatest scam artists in the world. just look at all the TV commercials, everybody should be well versed in these being we are TV watcher's. Everything we see has a hidden or obvious agenda to rob people blind.

Our judicial system is so corrupted that it allows some to sue for almost any reason. Example, a factory worker who makes Pinatas stayed late one night working alone and he screws one of the pinatas, suffers abrasions on his you know what and sues the company. What has this world come to? I guess you can do anything you want if you hire the right lawyers.

The AZ box is an IKS capable receiver. Google to find your own answer. It appears that AZBox is supported for theft of service in many regions of the world.

This is the only site that I go to for information on FTA! :up

I must admit that I have not read every thread here on the AZBox but this is news to me! :eek:

Is this one of those "poor little innocent companies" that make the AZBox or is it an exploited feature used by pirates??? :confused:

I did some research

I did some research a few days back concerning a receiver and a totally different matter. I was surprised, shocked would be better to say, totally shocked at how many receivers have been used. It's really shocking or at least to me it was.

Would be nice if manufacturers would focus more on making a good, completely working HD box instead of adding extra or enabling extra features that make them capable of signal theft........JUST ONE! One without all the flaws and extra add ons needed to make them a true FTA HD receiver. Is it possible that many of the flaws and firmware changes would not be necessary if the focus was on true FTA?
I'm still waiting for a decent do it all HD box before I buy one..........it always seems that some units come close but there is always some common format it won't receive or it doesn't have blind scan or the blind scan sucks or it has freezing issues etc. etc. etc.

We need to remember that much of what we watch on FTA is NOT intended for us to watch. There is no huge demand for good North American HD boxes because there is no commercial market. If we had a European style system, there WOULD be large demand, but we have our own little "free market monopolies" running things over here , so the situation is "buy what your provider sells " and that's that .
We're fortunate that the AZbox is versatile enough to meet many of our needs, because it certainly wasn't targeted at the SatGuys audience.

Status
Please reply by conversation.