DISH Network CLOSES DBSD and TERRESTAR acquisitions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NetworK CLOSES DBSD and TERRESTAR acquisitions

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., March 12, 2012 – DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) has closed its acquisitions of the reorganized DBSD North America, Inc., and substantially all of the assets of TerreStar Networks, Inc. DISH has invested more than $3 billion to secure the licenses for this 40 MHz of nationwide 2 GHz wireless spectrum. DISH looks forward to working with the FCC on its forthcoming Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) and remains committed to using this spectrum to help the Administration and the FCC solve the nation’s spectrum crunch. In parallel, DISH will initiate efforts to enhance the performance and capabilities of handsets that utilize the terrestrial and satellite links while exploring its options for a broader market entry.

Dish Network Closes Two Wireless Spectrum Acquisitions

[h=2]Charlie Ergen's satellite TV company says it "remains committed to using this spectrum to help the Administration and the FCC solve the nation's spectrum crunch."[/h]http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dish-network-closes-two-wireless-spectrum-acquisitions-298515

I hope Dish succeeds in starting up a nationwide cell program. I'm sure they've got some form of super sweetener to make a big bang into the market.

Interesting times to be certain.

I was going to send a note to Scott that I received this release, but I was selfishly sleeping after working overnight on some infrastructure upgrades.

I hope Dish succeeds in starting up a nationwide cell program. I'm sure they've got some form of super sweetener to make a big bang into the market.

I would be game for Dish starting a broadband program ... but I don't think Dish belongs in the "cell" business. AT&T, Verizon, others ... will eat them alive.

If Dish can leverage this spectrum for their Blockbuster program ... throw around on demand movies and programming using LTE ... removing all caps ... folks will come.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)