Dish network comes out tomorrow to...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dave nye said:
nor will grounding.
The ground is for static thats all, it's not a protection from lightning.
Have got to show this post to my wife, the building she works in got hit by lighting and she lost her phone system and fire alarm systems and a couple of computers, strangely enough six were not damaged. She then went on an agenda to make sure all the computers had surge protectors. I tried to tell here that's all the were just surge proctors nothing else, couldn't convince her that if lightning came into her power lines no suge protector would protect the euipment so she is living under the impression that she is protected from a lightning hit, but she is happy thinking this so maybe I shouldn't show her your post.

rdinkel said:
Any way you can do your own install? Have done mine for years.

Unfortunately no...

Any other options guys? Pretty unbelievable that their's probably over 20-25 dishes up in the apartment complex (half I would say on second floor) and I'm the only one not near a grounding source? :rolleyes:

I would think most of those other dishes aren't grounded, and while I'm adamant I want it grounded. I don't understand how "installers or contractors" or whatever wouldn't take the time to ground something and it takes a bit longer rather than lose say hundreds and hundreds of dollars over the long haul for my subscription.

I just don't get it. lol.

{edit} If I go say local, electronics outlet or big store chain are they contractors likely any different than the ones I'm dealing with ordering directly from the satellite company or no? Trying to just think alternatives to get satellite but also have it grounded.{end edit}

Last edited:
If you were williing to pay for the correct grounding I am sure that an electrition would do it. BE prepared, whoever does it will most likly have to cut away sheet rock and you will have to do the repairs or pay to have the repairs done.

Read through WWW. mikeholt.com search for grounding and there is an explanation of the proper grounding and why in apts it is difficult or imposible to do so correctly. Most of the dishe's are most likly not grounded in your complex.

call local provider directly and tell them you want it to be grounded to kitchen sink. and after that it will be you call if you want to keep it that way

Looked up one of the local dish retailers, coming out next week to install and ground the system. Confirmed!

Those of you that have the dish itself grounded, where did you hook the wire too on the dish? What kind of wire did you use?

My main power goes into the house right next to where the dish cables go into the house, so grounding to the main power wouldn't be an issue at all. I'm just wondering if grounding the dish would fix some of my pixelation issues.

Grounding isn't going to help your signal quality. It's more meant as a static discharge.

As to HOW to ground the dish, generally you have a groundlug you can have self-tap screwed to the dish and either run a separate ground wire or...in most cases, use the groundtracer that is presumably part of your coax line running from your LNB to your groundblock

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)