Dish Network Credit Check

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dish used to allow the use of another's SS# / credit (like you parents or other family members or friends) to qualify for the freebies. That person bears the immediate liability; then you can pay the monthly bill. My mom did that for her brother because my uncle didn't qualify. I don't know if they still allow that. Good luck.

So what do you think about the situation ?

I believe you should check out both providers,see who has the programming you want,check both out for the best sign up deals.Then try to get the provider you want either Dishnetwork or DirecTV.There isn't anything you should be worried about all they can say is no if your credit is not good enough,but until you try you will never know.Good Luck!.:)

Then why does Dish say they can't do it without my debit card?

Anyone who has a bank account, can get a debit card. Generally speaking, Dish has found that customers who have a debit card or credit card turn out to be better customers.

I have sold systems to customers who don't have debit cards before, and even after they have paid $200 for the system, they are still more likely NOT to pay their bill than customer who paid $0 upfront and has a debit card.

With a debit card, you have the option to sign up for auto-pay, and Dish has a way to secure the leased equipment they are installing in your home.

You more than qualify.

Like the others have said. Even people with really horrible credit get approved.

I don't think Dish or Direct actually care what your score is, what they are looking for is to see if there is a mark from them on your report and to see your previous addresses.

I have even heard of non-existent people getting service. Fake name, fake SS#, fake everything.

I hadn't paid on a personal loan that i borrowed last year and i want to get dish network ,im upset that i think i won't pass the credit check, but i pay all my other bills on time never late and i never had anything turned off in my life. Do you think i have a shot at getting approve. My credit score before that was at an 800-700. And do they check the credit score or credit report or history? I would really appreciate any help given.

And is At&t still offering Dish Network?

I'm still weighting my option on whether to get directv or dish so what have you guys experienced with dish network or directv?

Questions

1) Are you able to downgrade your package anything and whats the fee?

2) Does Dish hike up their prices?

Frankly I would be more worried about my credit score than if Dish or Direct is going to actually check my credit report. If you haven't been paying on a loan that you took out last year your phone must be ringing off the wall! Of course this is none of my business...

Ross

Anyone who has a bank account, can get a debit card. Generally speaking, Dish has found that customers who have a debit card or credit card turn out to be better customers.

I have sold systems to customers who don't have debit cards before, and even after they have paid $200 for the system, they are still more likely NOT to pay their bill than customer who paid $0 upfront and has a debit card.

With a debit card, you have the option to sign up for auto-pay, and Dish has a way to secure the leased equipment they are installing in your home.

Dish used to allow the use of another's SS# / credit (like you parents or other family members or friends) to qualify for the freebies. That person bears the immediate liability; then you can pay the monthly bill. My mom did that for her brother because my uncle didn't qualify. I don't know if they still allow that. Good luck.

Due to a BR in 1994 because of health reasons, I don't have a credit card. I do have a checking account with direct deposit of my SSD check, and a debit card. My wife also has a checking account with direct deposit from both of her jobs, and her own debit card :)eek:).
When I went to sign up for Dish, they refused to take my debit card to secure their equipment. They gave me two options, either get a credit card or buy the receiver in full. Now they would take my debit card for full payment of the receiver, and would take my debit card for auto pay, but not to secure their equipment.
Luckily, I have an old friend from high school who knew why I was in the situation I was with my credit. He secured Dish's equipment with his credit card, and now I paid the monthly bill with auto pay using my debit card.
2 last comments about this. 1) I had this checking account with the same bank for years, and never overdrew my account. 2) Direct was willing to take my debit card for everything, but since I'm not into sports, I really wanted Dish. If it wasn't for my friend, I would have had to gone with Direct.

Ghpr13:confused:

It doesn't have to make sense, it's in the rulebook! :rolleyes:

That CSR wasn't the droid you were looking for.

The credit check just determines to see if they will give you the free stuff up front or if you have to pay up front, I don't think they totally deny people from service based on the credit check.

Thanks For the Help and Advice, but i have to wait to friday and see whether i can't get the equipment free or not. But Is Dish Network worth it or should i get DirecTV how much do you guys pay a month?

Hey guys the installation went great way better than cable! I'm new to satellite television, so i looked at my signal strength an it is at 60-62 is that a good signal and will it go out in rain and storms? thanks for all the help.

DevonHardy said:
Hey guys the installation went great way better than cable! I'm new to satellite television, so i looked at my signal strength an it is at 60-62 is that a good signal and will it go out in rain and storms? thanks for all the help.

FYI You gotta post sat and transponder that you checked signal on in order for anybody to determin if its a good signal as all transponders show different.. Also depends on the area your in. Im in California, and sat 119 transponder 14 should be at a minimum of 54. 110 on transponder 14 should be 57 or higher. Obviously the higher the better.

FYI You gotta post sat and transponder that you checked signal on in order for anybody to determin if its a good signal as all transponders show different.. Also depends on the area your in. Im in California, and sat 119 transponder 14 should be at a minimum of 54. 110 on transponder 14 should be 57 or higher. Obviously the higher the better.

im in georgia, on sat 119 and transponder 06 signal 57-62. can you give me any help?:confused:

im in georgia, on sat 119 and transponder 06 signal 57-62. can you give me any help?:confused:

Call Dish back and see if you can get it higher? Other than that, hopefully you'll pay the bill. There is an infamous poster that racked up bills on both satellite companies and still wondered if he could get service again.

Any signal of 50 or greater is supposed to be sufficient to avoid rain fade. Now if it is raining cats and dogs , you will still lose it for a short while till the rain settles down to a slower steady rate. IF you want to be able to compare the new signal meter to the old one , just add 30 points to any signal reading and it will look like it used to when the meter went to 100 - 125. So 62 tp strength + 30 =92 tp strength on the old meter scale.

I hadn't paid on a personal loan that i borrowed last year and i want to get dish network ,im upset that i think i won't pass the credit check, but i pay all my other bills on time never late and i never had anything turned off in my life.

What do you mean, i pay my bills.

Except for one as you stated in post #1. That's how you started this thread.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts