Dish Network Cricket

sanhin2

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
hy.. i had a question about the rights for broadcasting cricket in the USA.. while direc tv and dish both show only selected series of games and they are always on pay per view.. while our neigbors up north get them for FREE when they subscribe to South Asian Programming.. why is that??

diferent country diferent rules diferent country I would suspect, either way its cricket wich is about as exciting as curling.

Van said:
diferent country diferent rules diferent country I would suspect, either way its cricket wich is about as exciting as curling.
well it is exciting 2 south asians like me:p

mrgeemoney said:
Hey! Cricket is good stuff and I ain't asian. Cricket World Cup is 2007 in the caribbean!
yea but do u have any idea Y we have 2 pay like atleast $100 to watch any match while in canada they get it 4 free??

Canada is a diferent country and has a diferent service provider than what we have here in the states. Your provider most likely has diferent contracts than dish or direct does, if there were enough people that voiced a desire for cricket then its possible that dish would look into adding cricket into the south asian package or maybe an international sports package if enough people requested sports programming from locations other than the united states.

I had no idea that canada got it for FREE. That is rediculous that I dish out hundreds each year just to keep up with cricket and now this exclusive nonsense between Dish and Direct will make me pay even more to get it from both of them since they may both require minimum subscriptions.

I dont think its an issue of exclusivity so much as its an issue of low demand for the programming here in the states. I may have one or two customers a year that ask about cricket or are getting a cheapo system install just for the cricket broadcasts.

ok... so i did some reaserch into this matter.. i found out that the candian cable/satellite providers do not get their south asian feeds directly from the chanels.. they get it from ATN ( a candian company which has bought the right to broadcast south aisan programming) ATN then sells the stream 2 various satellite/cable providers.. co-incidently they have also bought all the cricket broadcast rights in canada.. so they show all cricket they can on a seperate ATN channel which is included in the south aisan package

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts