Dish Network Customer Service?

PowerMax

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
OK, I must admit that with all the griping about how inferior my ViP622 is to a TiVo, it has managed to record all but one of my programs in the last 6 months. I must also admit the picture quality is better with E* than it was with D*. I called E* today to change my programming package from the top tier to the DVR Advantage + HD. Naturally I was quite ticked when the rep said this required CC AutoPay (Damn you Charlie). So I put the agent on hold, spoke with the little lady and we opted to cancel. Based on my past experience with E* and the cancellation tier, I was ready for the fight. I am happy to say they are a changed department. I was connected within 1 minute to a rep named Josh. Josh first offered DVRAd +HD with an 18-month commit. I said no thank you, he placed me on hold and came back after about a minute and offered DVRAd + HD -2.00.mo for 6 months. No contract, no CC Autopay. So like I said, with all the bad I have shared, it is time to tell the good. Thanks Josh!

Im really surprised youd cancel over CC autopay, but I dont know the whole history. I cancelled D* but that was because I had 4 HR20's in 5mo's and had to wait 8 days for the alst one.

Im really surprised youd cancel over CC autopay, but I dont know the whole history. I cancelled D* but that was because I had 4 HR20's in 5mo's and had to wait 8 days for the alst one.
I do not pay with or have a CC, it is a debit card and there is not a company on the planet that I trust with a blanket authorization on my checking account. Those HR20's were terrible.

I've used it for years on my DIsh account and I have 3 of them and I have had no problems with them charging me for anything unusual. Now I did have a problem with being charged for a dish 1000 when I tried to get dvr advantage plan back in February. A email to ceo@echostar.com fixed that though.

I'm on the Dish DVR advantage program. One option I had, other than the auto pay, was to renew my 18 month committment. I clarified with them that if I renewed my 18 month commitment, I would NOT have to do an autopay? the CSR said that was right...most people went with the autopay, but if I wanted to renew my 18 month commitment, that woudl suffice for the Advantage plan.

I agree about the Dish Customer Service. They have always been great!

Bruce

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)