Dish Network cuts deal to carry CBS, Showtime

That's what it made think too, Dish as a "super affiliate." The prospect of an alternative to the affiliate system that prevents viewer choice has me so giddy I'm afraid it makes me think I'm misreading it.
That would be nice, no crawls about things hundreds of miles away or Dtv conversion crawls...;) but I'm thinking more like Mike123abc on this...

west coast feeds are a good thing. i use them quite a bit when hbo has something on that i want to record but i am already using both tuners. with the west coast feed i can record all the programs i want and not have to wait until it reruns a couple days later.

I for one have been able to watch/record many movies because I stumble upon the East Coast feed with the movie already in progress, and the movie will NOT be repeated that week, nor, according to the Dish Magazine, be shown again for the entire month. So, I just set a timer for the West Coast feed, and I get to see the movie in its entirety.

West Coast for premium movies will likely NEVER be cut because the premiums program the move premieres for the 8PM prime-time slot. There are a lot of people west of the Miss. who don't get home until 6 or 7, then turn on the TV and check the guide and see that a really big movie they have been dying to see premieres in just about an hour. This INCREASES the value of the channel to the viewer. The premiums want both East and West users to benefit from their scheduling because it is just not premiers but premiums promoting movie availability each night at a specific time, a time when most people are at home--LOCAL TIME. Don't forget, there are more millions still viewing linearly: without any DVR.

East/West feeds are great for those of us who record multiple events and often have timer conflicts. There are a number of shows that I like to watch but don't necessarily want to watch with my kids. I have my 622 in dual mode, with the main living room TV on TV1. If something is already set to record, I may not want to allow my program to record on tuner 1. In that case I can either use the OTA tuner (if available for the event) or another feed at another time, to record on tuner 2.

Now that that's out of the way, I agree that this news most likely means nothing, other than we will continue to have the current CBS O&O locals and Showtime channels without interruption. There may be some kind of agreement to carry more HD going forward and there may not. We will find out... SOON.

This is more then likely nothing more then a contract renewal. About a month ago i remember reading on the underground sites that dish had put a channel up telling people that showtime was demanding to much money, bla bla to tune into cinemax until the issue was resolved. Well he channel obviously never made it to air on Subscribers receivers but im guessing that's what this contract was for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)