DISH network deals for international channel?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ishahmael

Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
I want to get one of the Urdu international channels, such as PTV or ARY (14.99/mo). I currently have a great cable tv/internet deal from comcast which I am not about to give up ($60/mo for 100 channels+12 hbo+cable internet for 18 mo). Calling up DISH and a local retailer I found out that if you only get an international channel with no English channel package, I would have to purchase my equipment for $150, which will waive the installation fee. Also there is a fee of $6/mo for no English channel package. So total comes to $150 and $20.99/mo, which is a bit much for one channel! Does anyone have any ideas or heard of any good deals concerning this? Is there any penalty for getting the English channel package and then cancelling after a few months (cheapest package is $20/mo, free installation)? Any ideas?:confused:

You can get DISH Family and your Urdu channels for $19.99 + $14.99 (Urdu). When you do a International no SSN deal w/DISH, you also get $5 credits back for 30 months so your bill will actually be around $15.99.

That doesn't make sense

I don't understand. How does $19.99+$14.99 - $5.00 come out to around $15.99? Those numbers add up to about $30.00, or am I missing something? And what does SSN mean? And why does DISH give me $5.00/mo discount for having an international channel? When I talked to them, they said I would have to pay $6/mo extra fee for an international channel unless I had an English channel package to go with it. Never mentioned a discount. Please explain. My wife and I really want the channel, but $20.99 per mo plus $150 for equipment is too much for a single channel.

The $150 covers the Dish antennae and the receiever. There is a $6.00 access fee if you do not subscribe to any "qualified programming" family Pack Toip60.. and so on. If you are compfortable in doing your own install look into buying a dish and reciever thru someone on here and then calling Duish to activate.... keep in mind that the Urdu channel will still cost you the $14.99 + $6.00 plus tax. If you do get "qualifying" programming and then cancell a few months later you will then be charged the $6.00 a month. Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)