Dish Network desperate to raise money to meet 5G deadline, source says

Well If I was a betting man, T-Mobile will be first in line?...."The Un Carrier"
T-mobile is offering full-house internet locked at $50 with no limits Verizon is also maybe cheaper, but not here yet the tech T-mobile says he sets it up at their store it has the cable for my desktop no trees to fall on my fiber cable

T-mobile is offering full-house internet locked at $50 with no limits Verizon is also maybe cheaper, but not here yet the tech T-mobile says he sets it up at their store it has the cable for my desktop no trees to fall on my fiber cable
Yea I signed up well over a year ago....Its not great, but best thing I have had last 8 years is rural Northern Arizona.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Or simply they would have to keep separate operations and space segment in place, and forego any benefit of consolidating that. They're stuck. No wonder Charlie's betting the ranch on 5G.

As far as the mobile user, 5G's only benefit is data speed. If you're not a user of data-intense apps, it's of no incremental benefit, or even a performance negative.
That’s what I was going to say is that Dish Network would just become the parent company of DIRECTV. But they would maintain operations and keep DIRECTV personnel in place. From there they could slowly, but surely, assimilate the DIRECTV people into Dish Network equipment or they could just leave it as is, which I think is probably the worst decision because that would make Dish Network have to bear the responsibility of upgrades and R&D DTV equipment.

I'd be happy to pay them in full for a 2-year agreement if they gave me a significant discount for doing so. That would give them a nice influx of cash. ;)

Beyond that, I think people are sometimes overlooking one of the biggest advantages in a DirecTV/Dish merger. Sure, years down the road you can get everyone on one set of equipment and 86 half the satellites. But in the near term the big advantage is leverage in retransmission negotiations. A combined Dish/DirecTV would be the biggest MSO at ~20 million subscribers, 4 million more than Comcast if the numbers I found on Wikipedia are to be believed. That means the combined company is in a much stronger position every time a contract comes up.

I'd be happy to pay them in full for a 2-year agreement if they gave me a significant discount for doing so. That would give them a nice influx of cash. ;)

Beyond that, I think people are sometimes overlooking one of the biggest advantages in a DirecTV/Dish merger. Sure, years down the road you can get everyone on one set of equipment and 86 half the satellites. But in the near term the big advantage is leverage in retransmission negotiations. A combined Dish/DirecTV would be the biggest MSO at ~20 million subscribers, 4 million more than Comcast if the numbers I found on Wikipedia are to be believed. That means the combined company is in a much stronger position every time a contract comes up.
With streaming and paying per app, they don't seem to care about contracts anymore with satellite. Take Mission Broadcasting for example. They have currently pulled channels from both dish and directv, meaning zero income from either company and has been for past 8 or 9 months. You would think coming to an agreement with both providers even at the same rate as before would be better than no money at all. But some how they've gotta be bringing in big cash flow to basically just tell both companies to screw off and they don't need their money.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I all honestly i rather Dish does something no else is will to do. let individual pick 50~100~150 etc channels of there choice.
The programmers would NEVER allow that to happen. If they did 90% of the channels would ceast to exist due to low viewership. This is why programmers package all their channels together.

Just as a comparison, I recently switched from my Spectrum 100/10 cable service to Frontier 500/500 fiber service. It’s nice to finally have a symmetric service. And this is for $10 less at $49.99 a month. So far it’s been great.

The programmers would NEVER allow that to happen. If they did 90% of the channels would ceast to exist due to low viewership. This is why programmers package all their channels together.
Well let us pick our chs I don't buy everything the store sells may help, what do you think plus a question Scott which streaming service offers the best box that my wife's dementia can handle if I use the fiber. to stream TV, she can not navigate she needs a remote she hit a ch number like she does with Dish trust me it drives me nuts living with that?
Here is What the speed is but I can order the 1,000 down-load too
I do have a older roku box but I have to find her ch maybe a new TV would help beats me I feel Dish just may be gone for good soon

354054757_757187652768125_747062454731244835_n.png

Well let us pick our chs I don't buy everything the store sells may help, what do you think plus a question Scott which streaming service offers the best box that my wife's dementia can handle if I use the fiber. to stream TV, she can not navigate she needs a remote she hit a ch number like she does with Dish trust me it drives me nuts living with that?
Gary, this is a question best asked in the cord cutters forum here, but I will say this, my wife before she passed had early onset dementia, she figured it out when we switched to YouTube TV.

If you have any other question, post them in the cord cutters forum.

They have met their FCC 70 percent requirement and now need to work on gettting customers and addressing the debt issues

They have met their FCC 70 percent requirement and now need to work on gettting customers and addressing the debt issues

We knew they would meet that one. It is the 75% they have to have covered in Rural areas in 2025 that is the deadline they need money to meet. I have my doubts that they will meet it. I don' think that being the 4th cell phone provider using pre paid phones was the way to go. But I could be wrong and Charlie pulls it out again. Who knows. :smug