Dish Network Dish to receive Directv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TX WJ

Original poster
Jul 24, 2004
My sister and bil, just bought a house that has a Dish Network Dish installed. They are Directv susbcribers and wanted to know if that dish would work (it would have to be pointed at the right birds) with thier Directv receivers?

My sister and bil, just bought a house that has a Dish Network Dish installed. They are Directv susbcribers and wanted to know if that dish would work (it would have to be pointed at the right birds) with thier Directv receivers?

If it has the legacy LNBs and is re-pointed to 101 it will work for national SD and some local SD. However, if you need HD or have locals on 119 or 72.5 you'll need another dish anyways. Since DirecTV has the free mover's connection service why not take advantage of it?

If it has the legacy LNBs and is re-pointed to 101 it will work for national SD and some local SD. However, if you need HD or have locals on 119 or 72.5 you'll need another dish anyways. Since DirecTV has the free mover's connection service why not take advantage of it?

This is a second home that they live at during the summer. They want to take thier tuners with them when they move to the beach for the summer.

If they are already DirecTV customers all they have to do is call DirecTV Movers Connection and it will be taken care of for them.
http://directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=1100061

They may set it up for them at a second location. They did for my cousin who lives summers in Maine and winters in Florida.

lou do has it correctly,

As an installer I had a small laugh as I listened to a little old lady explain to a CSR person about how: Yes, we do have another address in Connecticut, and yes we do have an address here in Maryland and we will soon be at our address in Florida. Can you not understand that it takes several weeks to move a yacht down the intercoastal waterway?..........So what I want from you is to turn off the receivers at our Connecticut home and turn on the receivers here in Maryland. Can you do this? I will call again when the captain arrives in Florida to inform you to turn off these receivers and turn on the ones in Florida. Can you do this? Could this young man( me 60) also show a way to take a receiver aboard for the crew to watch while moving our boat?

And it went on like that.........a new def. for movers connection......ever read the Ancient Mariner ?

Joe

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts