Dish Network DVR

jdubs

Original poster
Oct 8, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Is Dish going to upgrade their DVR to catch up with Tivo? For instance, I miss the fact that I could download recordings to my computer from the Tivo and all those other perks.

Thanks!

I doubt it but it would be cool. Although they are supposed to come out with this external storage thing for a few recievers which sounds cool.

Hell, us D* "Tivo" customers CAN'T even, or have EVER, been able to use all those "perks" you standalone guys have. :rolleyes: (not without doing some hacking anyway ;) )

I miss Tivo

I've got the 622, but what I miss about my D* Tivo dvr was that it was easier to setup season pass things, but also the ability to organize your shows into folders....I HATE that about the 622 just having the list of shows in the order you recorded them

Dish DVRs Blow away any peice of crap Tivo :mad:

Right, especially like when those wonderful DISH DVR's BLOW AWAY HOURS of DVR programming in an instant that so many people post about on this very board. :rolleyes:

Yea, that's MY idea of a great DVR - automatically ERASE ALL my prog w/out me asking it too... :eek:

And, since YOU brought it up - find how many posts where a Tivo dumped it's contents. :p

Both have their pluses & minuses, but I've NEVER had ANY of my 6 D-Tivo's EVER dump my shows in one fell swop.

Last edited:
Dunno.....I've had Dish DVRs since 2001 & have never lost a recorded show. I find their DVRs to, by-and-large, work very well. Some issues/bugs exist, and I know some people have lost recordings, but I think these are isolated occurances, not an overall design defect.

I've got the 622, but what I miss about my D* Tivo dvr was that it was easier to setup season pass things, but also the ability to organize your shows into folders....I HATE that about the 622 just having the list of shows in the order you recorded them

I think they left out folders because they are afraid of getting sued by Tivo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)